Chapter 45

Blue hues stared at the cooling copses before her. "No point in wasting perfectly good organs....."

The wide doors closed with a thud before locking in place leaving Mari surrounded by the priceless dead.

The totally dead Ryodan, worked with clockwork fashion behind the scenes of the auction. Moving objects from one place to another while kopi used his nen to make a fake copies appear to be taken and sold at the auction to unknown rich people.

Who wouldn't realise till after the artifacts suddenly disappeared that they had been conned.

"Thanks Hun, but I can take it from here" a feminine voice called out. The ryodan froze before hiding in the shadows as the door opened and closed by the female who stepped into the dimly lit room.

"Come out, come out where never you are~" the voice purred, "don't worry I don't bite"

Mari grinned, as the troupe came out of hiding and continued to do their job taking an occasional glance at the strange brown haired girl.

Humming brunette skipped forward, blue hues darting about the room. Looking for something, Hisoka stepped forward intrigued, what did the little thief want? Had something caught her eye, something that could help him put the pieces together? "Did you need something?"

Her gazed snapped towards the red head, flashing him a wide smile. "Nope, just checking the authentication of something"

"What?" he questioned looking about the room for whatever the female could be interested in, nothing seem to stand out, but at the make time this was Mari – it could be anything.

"That..." she pointed with a sigh pout making its way onto her face. The magician turned his grazed in the direction of her point. To kopi. Who in his hand was a twisted old dagger, "oh, darn it. It's a fake... Shame" she whined.

"Yeah 'cause that's the copy that kopi made" sniggered phinks.

"Well he's came a copy of a copy." She countered. Head cock, arms crossed over her chest, the pout growing.

"And how would you know" questioned machi her eyes narrowed at the brunette.

"Because that" she pointed at the knife, "is definitely not from the Dark Continent. For starters you're able to hold it and go near it without going mad. Its aura isn't demonic, anything from the continent tends to be alien or demonic. Something that cannot be explained by human sciences or logic."

Hisoka listened and watch with interest as the female spoke, she was giving information out for free, which was out of character for her. He watched as she fiddled with the oddly proportioned cross as she spoke, another thing of interest. She normally hid the cross from view but after being around the female for soo long it's something that never changes on her, nor does she take it off, something hard to miss when you have sex with the female.

What was he missing? There was something about the female that he couldn't place, couldn't work out? Why was she so different? Her skills and experience doesn't add up to what she lets on, she has knowledge in area which are highly classified... he needed something anything about her past which could hold the key he needed for the pieces to click together.

He wouldn't be surprised if that necklace had something to do with it.

Hisoka mulled over what he knew about the female, her deathly rage towards J.A genetics? Her knowledge about things from the Dark Continent? The never changing obsidian cross that hung around her neck? And that burning question he always wants to ask at the back of his mind...