Chapter 51

"Anything else we should know?" Leorio asked.

Lance thought for a moment, fingers resting on his chin. "No, I don't think so, if anything come to mind I shall let you know"

The males nodded, and as one looked up the stairwell to the sleeping female room, all each with their different thoughts...

~~

It had been a day since Mari brought everyone to her penthouse, though currently the rooms were empty and quite. Void of movement as the three occupants stayed still.

Melody shifted, slowly opening her eyes to a brightly lit room she laid in. she listen carefully, before her eyes spotted the sleeping form of kurapika on the bed opposite her. She sighed in relief upon hearing his heart beat. He was sleeping, and sounding healthier compare to before.

She sat up on the bed pushing away the covers as she thought back. That sound.

The heartbeat of the Burnette, a haunting sound so similar to that of the sonata of darkness yet so different at the same time. She paled at the thought, has the devil himself come into the world of man?

The door creaked open, and Leorio popped his head in. "melody? Good you're awake" the man grinned.

She blinked listening closely to the man heartbeat, something was off about it but she could put her finger on it.

"Pardon?" the women questioned missing what the male before her said.

Leorio smiled, "I said, how are you feeling? You gave us a shock when you collapsed there"

"Better, just an overload on the senses" the women smiled standing up from the bed.

"How about I check you over while we get you something to eat?"

She nodded, "where it everyone else? And that... Burnette"

Leorio paused opening the door, before shaking his head gesturing for the women to follow. "Everyone what picking up some stuff, and do you mean Mari? Brown hair red hoody?"

Melody nodded, "she's around, and we are currently staying in her home"

The women stare intently at the male before her, something just wasn't right. Slowly she turned her head examining the room around them as the male told her to take a sit by the kitchen counter. He opened his suitcase of medical supplies taking out the things he needed.

"So can you explain what happened?" he started turning towards the quite female.

"I entered the room and the sound of Mari's heartbeat was too much for me to handle"

"I see..." mutter Leorio as he check her ears, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. "Why was it too much to handle? If you don't mind me asking, you haven't reacted like that around anyone else. Mari herself was quite puzzled when you passed out"

"Have you heard of the 'sonata of darkness'? The music said to be written by the devil himself. It reminded me strongly of that..." she gripped her deformed arm tightly.

"Ah, now it makes sense..." Leorio stated absentmindedly.

Melody eyes snapped toward the male, it make sense...? How did of that make sense... She was about to voice her questioned when the door swung open and a loud yell echoed around the room.

"What the hell! There another me!?" Leorio from the doorway shouted pointing accusingly at the male sitting beside melody.

She blinked as did lance, Gon and killua who knew between the identical pair. "Can't you tell the difference melody?" asked killua staring at the shocked women who shook her head unable to speak due to disbelief.