chapter 31

Everything was still. Silence par the breathing of the four individuals. No one moved. Then suddenly time stopped, the zoldycks disappearing leaving Mari to jump high into the air spinning to avoid the first attack.

Time resumed, as the game begun.

~~~

Mari jumped high into the air, landing softly on her feet just to be greeted by zeno's fist. Smoothly she dodged, sidestepping using her open hand to guide the fist past her, before ducking under a kick sent to her by illumi. It missed her by inches, but that's how she liked it.

Grinning, the three continued to dance, Sliva stood on the side-lines following the movement looking for a perfect opportunity to attack. What unnerved him though was the fact that the girl's eyes always seem to snap to him whenever he thought about moving, like she knew what he was planning.

She continued to block and dodge, dancing in-between the attacks that showed no sign of letting up, the movements were fluid, no waste of energy or weak spots in their guard. They were professionals. Every action had a purpose, with more than one movement to join. She breath out slowly watching as zeno moved in front of her to attack, while illumi moved behind in an attempt to trap her. Placing her hands on illumi shoulders she flipped over him, allowing the male to take the hit instead as she stepped back.

They had been at it for ten minutes already, and no one seem to be letting up. Illumi was curious of the female's action, so far he, himself and zeno had given her plenty of opportunities and chances to take the cloth, which was the plan. Take her cloth while she when for theirs. However she didn't take the bait, nor did she have any indication of attempting to take the cloth. She was a hard nut to crack, illumi though but he will learn her tricks to manipulate in the future.

Maybe he should think of another plan? Something crazy out of the box...

"Come on, one gotta try harder than that~" she purred, gesturing that they come at her. When neither male moved Mari pouted, "Fine then, I come to you but you need to try harder than that! You're not even trying to take it from me, put some effort into the game guys"

She kicked off from her position, flying towards sliva in attack. Sending him a couple of attacks, she managed to catch him arm, and proceeded to flip him over her hip earning a grunt from the currently head. She flipped back as both zeno and illumi join in on the next bout of sparring, Mari noted from the felt of things the males were starting to become serious.

She grinned, joining the fray.

From anyone else looking from the outside, or in this case milluki watching via the cameras he had placed around the building, one would be able to figure figures dancing about the room. At first it would look like the action from a Chinese marital arts movie, but quickly turned into a blur, movements unnoticeable on the screen, as the three of them fought.

An hour had passed, and Mari was still keeping the boys on their toes. So the zoldycks, decided to change tactics.

Mari continued to dance, dodging attacks, sending a few kicks their way. The smile still plastered on her face, but her eyes were narrowed. She noticed a changed on the zoldycks movement, one thing they had up on me was teamwork, and from the looks of it, it looks like their trying to con- SHIT!

She internally swore, they had cornered her, illumi blocking her escape, while zeno and sliva attacked on either side time seemed to slow down, she couldn't escape nor could she block both of them, meaning she would have to take one of the hits... great.