chapter 58

She let go of the tail before darting away, leaving a cracked footprint in the ground.

"Should we pursuit?"

"No, she is already out of reach. Besides she promise she would come back to kill me – we will wait till then. This is a view I could get used to" the ant king spoke – viewing the spreading land beyond the palace he had taken.

Mari stood before the cowering man and lance, a smile on her face. 

"Now tell me everything"

~~~~

Mari couldn't believe it – she was kicking herself from not realising it sooner. Everything adding up to it, a place where no one existed. A trash heap, smells of rot and decay, smells of rubbish and unclean. A place with plenty of people to experiment on, no one would know or question the disappearances as dead bodies that could appear. A place where humans are thrown into the heaps like trash.

Metreo City.

How didn't she figure it out? All the clues where dangling right in front of her face.

The stench hit her nose first as she walked towards the city of trash, lance by her side looking about in disgust. Why was this even a place? She thought sourly not even attempting to hide her presence, in fact she amplified it – she wanted them to know. To know that she was coming for them. She was the queen checking the king in checkmate. No one was making it out alive.

"Told you Mari-nee-san was here!" a familiar voiced called.

"Hello cutie~" she purred spring to give the boy a hug, before sitting him on her hip, "what are you doing here Kalluto?"

"I'm part of the troupe now"

"Oh I see" she grinned, her blue eyes flicker over the trope members present. Her grinned turned into a smirk as she spotted feitan's lack of clothing. "Oh my~ what happened to you?

The short male made a 'tch' sound, "none of your business"

She placed kalluto down, before stepping towards the male, "aww~ don't be shy" she cooed a sly smile growing on her lips, "If you liked being undressed you could have given us a shout I would be happy to obliged"

Feitan glared at her, the silence was tense for a moment before both sides moved. Feitan came at her with his sword while she blocked with one of her scalpels. "Mari!" lanced groaned, as the he was completely ignored, "We have a job to do! Stop playing about!"

"Yes, stop this foolish behaviour" a deep voice responded, causing both parties to jump back at the sudden intrusion.

Her face settled into a slight glare at to sight before her.

"Arthur"

"Mari"

The man before her had dark brown hair – much like her own with blue eyes. If Mari turned into a male with the same features, the she would like very similar to the man before her. Though instead of the red jumper, he wore a red and black suit – the pair could have pulled off being twins if not for the hostile air suffocating those around them.

"Have you come to surrender yourself?" Arthur asked in politeness

"When have I ever given up, little Arthur? ~" she purred crossing her arms, while shifting her weight into one leg.