Chapter 50

Lance, gave the sleeping girl one last look before heading down the stairs. He soon found himself sat in front of Leorio, Gon and killua. The other man having chosen to stay in the room to kept an eye on the sleeping pair.

"Explain" killua stated a dark aura growing from the child. You sure know how to pick them...Mari.

~~~

"Explain" killua stated a dark aura growing from the child. You sure know how to pick them...Mari.

"I'm not sure where to start," lance sighed, running a hand though his messy hair "get comfy this may take a while"

"You can start by explaining what that" the male make a wild gesture with a hand, "was about?" Leorio questioned glancing towards the brunette's bedroom.

"That was her seal being redo and the side effects that follow" lance stated simply.

"But she wasn't in her demon form, I thought that when she wasn't wearing the seal she would have been in that form" Gon responded with a confused look.

"Well, it's a bit more complicated than that. Look I don't know about all of her abilities, but I do know one thing it's all about change."

"Change?" the boys before him spoke.

He nodded, "she told you right? That she's not fully human, well from a young age she has been able to use nen, surrounding the ideology of change. In a signal word her abilities are to do with change, mine for example are about dreams, if you get my drift"

Killua nodded, while Gon and Leorio exchanged confused glances.

"Anyway," lance continued, "after the higher ups caught wind of her abilities... they decided to experiment more. They pumped more power into her more than she could control. There were trying and succeed in creating a weapon of mass destruction"

"A weapon of mass destruction? Mari? What does that have to do with anything?" questioned Leorio.

"Weren't you listening 'more that she could control' what happened?" killua asked gesturing for lance to continue with the story.

"she when mad with power," he stated simply, "a child that held unlimited power at the tip of her fingers, not even a normal fully grown male would have been able to withstand the raw energy running though her veins. We were lucky at this point that not all of us were killed by the imagination of a child. The destruction was too much to bare and it kept growing... Innocent things like child toys turns into man eating monsters without much of a thought..."

"How did you survive?"

"Her dad"

"Mari dad?"

"Yup, he had caught wind of their plans to create this weapon... Somehow he knew it would go wrong, he disappeared off meeting various people into creating that seal to lock the power implanted within her. He's a strange man, no one know his name. He is often referred as the wandering mage"

"Wandering mage? That's a weird name, you think Mari know his name?" Gon commented, "is he a mage?"

Lanced shrugged, "no idea, I have only seen him once and had was for a moment.." green eyes glazed over as his memory began to overtake.

The child version of demon Mari stood in the middle of a destroyed room. Glass shattered, bits laying on the floor while other shards floated around them. Wires sparked, power still running through them even though it had been longed ripped from the crumped machines around them. The ceiling caving in while the child in questioned laughed. Blue hues shone brightly with excitement but even an idiot could see the madness dancing in those eyes as she laughed in hysterics while clutching the small bloody teddy in her blacken hands. Another lab coat scientists fell to the ground dead before her adding to the mountain pile of dead around her.