- 16 -

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Liz's POV

I knew she wouldn't recognize me. After all those years Amanda just had to forget me. I can't blame her.

,,No I'm very sorry I can't remember." She said. An apologetic smile on her beautiful face. It broke my heart, but what did I even expect. We haven't seen each other for four years now. She must have found a lot of new friends. ,,Oh okay. Sorry that I bothered you." Izzy apologized for disturbing them and we both walked away. I was facing the ground and even behind the counter I didn't want to see her.

,,Izzy, I told you she won't remember me." I said, trying to not cry. It really hurt. ,,I'm sorry Liz. I thought she would." ,Nope..and now can we please not talk about it?" ,,Of course. I'm sorry." ,,Stop apologizing silly! It's not your fault." I snickered. Izzy apologized every god damn time when she thought it was her fault. It's cute sometimes but this time it wasn't her fault at all.

I went back to making a few smoothies and taking orders from new customers. I caught myself often glancing over to Amanda and her friend.  What even is he to her? Is he just a friend or maybe even her boyfriend? No, she wouldn't love a guy like him, right?

Then I walked past another table to serve a group of young girls and I saw them kissing. She would..my heart broke more and I felt terrible and disgusted?
I couldn't describe the feeling I had, but I needed to get out of there. ,,Izzy can you take over my shift for today? I don't feel good." I asked. I knew I could rely on her. ,,But only for today." She replied and I handed her the keys for the shop. She caught them with ease and I waved at her while leaving the shop.

I saw that Amanda was looking after me for a second, but I couldn't care less at the moment.
I walked to my car and broke down behind it. I was hurt. She didn't remembered me at all. ,,Amanda why..?" I mumbled to myself. A pathetic try to get an answer. I felt hot tears run down my cheeks. I wiped them away quickly with my thumb and tried to calm down.

I wouldn't admit it, but I was glad that Amanda came around the car in that exact same moment. She stopped in front of me and kneeled down. ,,Excuse me. Is everything okay? I saw you collapsing or at least it looked like it." She said and looked at me. Her blue eyes were beautiful just like  in the old times. I looked at her, loosing myself in her eyes. ,,Liz?" I snapped out of my trance when I heard how flawless she said my name.

,,What did you call me just now?" I asked confused. ,,Liz. It's written on the name tag on your shirt." Amanda answered and pointed at my shirt. ,,Oh." Was basically the only thing I could say. I really had hope that she recognized me.
,,Let me help you up." She held out her hand for me to take it and so I did. She helped me up and I leaned against the car. ,,Thank you." I said calmly and looked at her. She only got more beautiful over the years.

,,Do you need water?" Amanda asked and I kindly denied. ,,I'm good. I should head home now." ,,You better. I hope you get better soon and I hope you come back tomorrow." ,,What why?" ,,I want another smoothie and yours is the best in whole Florida!" Amanda said smiling and I felt really happy.

,,I will for sure!" ,,Good. Then we see each other tomorrow!" She turned around, waved at me and made her way back into the shop and to her boyfriend.  I got inside my car once she was gone and drove home.

I should have asked her about me and told her my name.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>