- 24 -

Geez I didn't wanted it to be this long..
Man..
But I predict that there are only 10 more chapter incoming. That's the most. I wanna get to the fluff part real quick and get our two love birds together.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Amanda's pov

Liz was connected to a lot of machines. A monitor showing her high pulse and her uneven beating heart. I didn't notice how my eyes started to catch tears. The beeping of the machines rang through the room. I hated this sound. I heard it when..
Fuck..
My head started to hurt again. I hate those flashbacks..

Flashback

I was falling. Falling into the void. A never ending hole. It was pitch black. I couldn't hear anything nor see anything. I was turning my head around, desperately trying to find an end. There was a point where I could feel something. A soft hand. Just like the girls one but bigger. I started to hear voices. My name was called. Over and over again. I couldn't identify the voice. It was deeper than the girls one but just as beautiful. Then there were more voices. A man and another woman. Both sounded like they were crying. „Amanda.." The woman said. I felt hot drops of tears falling on my skin.
I noticed a name. „Liz.." The man said. The deep raspy voice stayed in my head.

Liz..

Flashback end

I kneeled down, taking Liz's hand in mine. Her hand was smaller than mine and it was tender. I caressed over the back of her hand with my thumb. Then I looked at her. She was sleeping so peacefully. At least it looked like it. Deep down I knew in how much pain she was. „Who are you?" I heard a voice behind me. It was just as deep as the one I heard in the flashback.

I turned around. Josh and I were looking at the doctor. He closed the door and looked back at us. Josh answered first saying his name. "I'm Josh. Her best friend." He pointed at me and the doctors eyes met mine.
,,I'm Amanda. Amanda Costigan. I'm a friend of Liz."
The doctor smiled. ,,Amanda, glad to see you after that long time again." I was confused. "Again?" I asked, tilting my head to the side. ,,You probably don't remember after your accident. Well..your mother and I were good friends before you moved. As a kid you were often here when you were hurt."

,,My mother? You knew her?" He nodded. ,,I did."
I looked down. "She's dead.." I said then, unsure why I did. ,,I heard about it. I'm very sorry for you." He said calmly and placed a hand on my shoulder. Then he continued his check up. ,,Doctor when will she wake up?" I asked clearly concerned. ,,You're really worried about your best friend huh? Normally I can't say it, but as far as I know, she will take a while. I hope the coma only lasts a week or two. But we will do everything we can!" He replied, writing down the data.

,,Best friend?" I asked myself. I thought I didn't say it, but unfortunately I did say it out loud and the doctor answered to my surprise.
,,Liz and you are best friends since kindergarten. She was always here when you were hurt and the other way around. I'm sorry I need to check on the other patients now." That was the last thing he said before leaving the room with a sad smile.
I looked at Liz again.

Hospital..Liz..Accident..Best friends..another flashback..

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Am I the queen of cliffhanger? Yes, I am.
Next chapter tmr. Maybe today when I'm in the mood to write. But most definitely tmr.
The lovey dovey shit starts in the next chapter. <3