13. Answer.

Chapter 13: Answer.

Zachary and Spencer already left with the police and I'm inside the house trying to find my purse.

I eventually find it under the coffee table.

Damn, I leave for one minute and a fight breaks out.

I'm sure Zachary threw the first punch. He just can't control his temper.

I walk out and an ambulance arrives. The attendant gets down and asks me if there were any casualties. I show her the scratch on my forearm and she takes me into the truck. I sit on the stretcher that's in the back. She takes a cotton ball and dips it in a white substance. I'm guessing it's methylated spirit. She puts the cotton ball on my forearm and I cry out in pain.

This hurts so bad.

The area around my forearm had turned a darkish purple with highlights of red.

It looked like a bruise but it wasn't.

"I'm sorry. It'll get better now. Let me put a bandage on it." She says before she grabs a bandage from the stack.

She places it on the injury and I wince in discomfort.

"All done." She says, smiling at me.

"Thank you." Is all I say as I get off the stretcher and down from the ambulance truck.

Was I supposed to pay her?

I have no idea how ambulance services work.

I see Hannah and Chad get into Chad's car and I rush over to them.

"Guys, can I get a ride?" I ask.

"Sure. I told you that you'd eventually ride the Chad wagon." Chad says and I regret asking him immediately.

"Get in." Hannah says, rolling her eyes at Chad as I enter the car.

Chad turns on the engine and backs out of the driveway. I relax in my seat and I take a deep breath. I roll down the glass windows and the cool breeze slaps my face. I close my eyes and enjoy the breeze.

"We're here." Chad tells me.

"Thank you guys." I tell them before I get out of the car.

I wave at them one last time before they skeet out of the driveway.

What a time.

I walk into my house and as expected it's quiet. I stroll into the kitchen and I place my purse on the island. I open the fridge and grab a bottle of water. I down the whole bottle, wiping my mouth after.

"I'm so tired." I say to myself.

I walk up the stairs to my room and I sink into my bed.

It's so soft.

I'm so lucky.

Who needs a boyfriend when you have your fridge and your bed.

The perfect duo.

I'm about to drift into the world of sleep when my phone rings.

Why can't I have peace?

I pick up the phone and sigh.

"Hello?" I say into the receiver.

"Hey, Val it's Zachary, can you bail me out?" He asks me.

"I'm trying to sleep." I tell him.

"Val, I need you, please. My parents are mad at me and they're not gonna bail me out." He pleads with me.

"As they should." I tell him before I hang up.