40. Devil Town.

Chapter 40: Devil Town.

"No way." I say, throwing my head back in laughter.

"For real." Devon says, tightening his grip on my waist.

We are outside Devon's frat house. I made Andrè drive three hours to see him. Devon thought It'd be a great idea to go out and get some fresh air. So, here we are.

Things with Devon are getting pretty serious and I'm kinda happy that we get to go to school together in less than two months. And I know he's a sophomore, he only has two more years left, but who cares?

I don't and that's all that matters.

"You're crazy." I say, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I know." He says and I chuckle.

It wasn't easy moving on from Zachary. Hell, I don't think I've moved on one bit, but I don't cry when I look at his pictures anymore, so that's a good thing.

"It's getting chilly, wanna head back inside?" He asks me.

"Sure." I say as I stand up from the porch steps we were seated on.

I do a little stretch and I can literally hear my bones snap.

Crap, I'm getting old.

Devon takes my hand in his as he leads me inside the house. Two boys are throwing a football around the living room. Two other boys are arguing over something. One boy is skating around the house. This place is a madhouse.

"Don't mind them." Devon tells me as he leads me to his bedroom.

It's really hard not to mind them.

When we get to his bedroom I hear the lock click, but I don't think much of it.

Why did he lock the door?

I'm getting nervous now.

"Why is the door locked?" I ask him.

"Don't worry, I locked it so that my frat boys won't get in. But if you're feeling uncomfortable I can unlock it." He tells me.

"No, it's fine." I tell him as I take my shoes off.

I snuggle into his bed, taking in the scent of Vanilla that lingered around his sheets.

"You're cute." Devon says as he gets in bed with me.

He cups my face in his hands as his thumb rubs my cheek.

"Can I kiss you, Larry?" He asks me, staring at me. His lips inches

I gulp.

Don't do it, Vee.

"Um...I gotta pee." I lie.

"It's um...that way." Devin says, pointing at the wooden door beside his dresser.

I literally jump off the bed and scurry to the bathroom. I close the door behind me and I slide down till my butt hits the floor.

Dammit, Vee.

Pull yourself together.

Feeling the sudden urge to use the bathroom I sit on the toilet seat and do my dirty business.

Okay, eww.

I take in the décor of the bathroom as I wash my hands. The walls are baby blue with white stripes. It's really cute. Grabbing a paper towel, I dry my hands. A plastic bag stuffed beside the counter catches my eye.

What could that be?

Don't do it, Valarie.

I crouch and I try to take the plastic bag out of the compartment it's stuffed in.