27. Date.

Chapter 27: Date.

Valarie's POV.

Devon and I have been texting non-stop for weeks on end. We even went on a date last week. I finally feel like I have control over my feelings. I guess with Zachary, it wasn't that he wasn't good to me, it was just the fact that anytime we made progress in our relationship something else would drag us backward. I guess even if we love each other, we have to let go because we're not meant to be.

"You can't wear that." Hannah says, shaking her head.

I called up Hannah a few days ago and we squashed the whole "beef" we had. We couldn't be mad at each other anymore, especially when we were both leaving for college soon.

"You need to make him want you." She says, talking with her hands.

"Want me how?" I ask her, laughing.

"Want to rip your clothes off." She says, smirking.

"Well, that's a little bit extreme." I say, laughing.
"And we're just going to the café down the street. I don't think going va va voom will suit the occasion." I tell her.

"Okay, fine. You can wear the red sundress and Fendi slides." She suggests.

"Not bad. Now was that so hard?" I ask her, chuckling.

I try on the outfit Hannah suggested. It shows a little cleavage, but it's not inappropriate.

"How do I look?" I ask her before I look in the full-length mirror.

"You look good." She says, shrugging.

My phone rings and I see that it's Devon calling.

"Who is it?" Hannah asks me.

"It's Devon." I tell her.

I pick up the phone and I put it on loudspeaker as I place it on the dresser.

"Hey, are you ready?" He asks.

"Yeah." I tell him, fixing my makeup.

"Well, I'm almost there. I can't wait to see you." He says and my stomach flutters. Hannah raises her eyebrow, and I just shrug.

"Okay. Text me when you get here." I tell him.

"Okay, see you soon." He says before he hangs up.

"What was that about?" Hannah asks raising her eyebrow at me.

"I don't know." I tell her as I apply pink lip gloss.

"You don't know. You guys are basically married." She says, over exaggerating the whole thing.

"Way to be extra, Hannah." I tell her. My phone dings and I see Devon's text which reads "I'm outside."

"He's here." I tell her.

"I gotta see what he looks like." Hannah says, getting up from the bed.

"Well, let's go then." I tell her as I put my phone in my purse.

We head downstairs, then out the door. Devon's Ferrari is parked out front. I have to say, I'm impressed.

"He's cute." Hannah says as we walk to his car. "Tall too." She adds.

"Hey." Devon says, smiling. "You look amazing."

This old thing.

"Thanks to me." Hannah says. "I'm Hannah. Valarie's best friend." She tells him.

"Nice to meet you, Hannah. I'm Devon." He tells her.

"How tall are you?" She asks him out of curiosity.