아침에 다섯 (3)

Dae POV

5 am

"AHH! My legs feel like they're going to give up!"

Haneul complains as we make it to the third mile, a steep incline in the park.

"Hold it together man, you already did two miles," I say and he gives me a look.

"Haneul is going to look more like a ham If he continues to complain after only two miles. We should do four now!" Izumi says and Haneul sticks out his middle finger. I jog with Haneul at a slower pace while Seung and Kwan run past, following Izumi's lead.

Luke hangs back and jogs with us.

"He's never been good with stamina," I explain and he nods. He pats Haneul on the back.

"Don't worry, I was never any good either, sometimes you just have to fake it til you make it," Luke says with a thumbs up. Han rolls his eyes but starts running again until we catch up to the rest of the team.

"Ah, look who caught up? Maybe your new nickname should be Teoteul!" Izumi says and I want nothing more in this world than to punch him in the face.

"Hey Babo, is this how you plan to lead the team? With us hating you?" I ask and Izumi looks back.

After almost three miles he has only a single bead of sweat compared to the rest of us who are drenched. It makes me hate him even more.

"It gives you all something in common right?" He says and winks. I swear under my breath as we run faster.

We finally get back to our agency, finally safe from the herds surrounding the front door. Fighting them was another exercise itself. Poor Luke catches his breath completely disheveled while the rest of us remain untouched.

Seung stretches, "Ah, thank god. My legs feel like noodles." He says and as he does another group signed by the agency walks past and shoves Seung, knocking him down.

It was the group Big Town Boys and the leader Te Snickers.

"Hey, watch it shortie!"

Heun spits out and his group laughs behind him. Haneul and I square up about to put on a fight while Kwan goes to Seung's side.

But suddenly Izumi charges at Te and pins him up against the marble pillar in the lobby with his forearm pressed into his neck. Te claws at Izumi's arm but he only raises it higher until Te starts to choke.

"Apologize,"

Izumi says with such authority he didn't need words to threaten. "Argk, Okay okay!" Te screams and Izumi takes away his arm, letting Te fall to the ground. "Many apologies Nolae Seung." Te bows and then scatters with his group. Izumi stands defensively and watches them as they walk away. We all stand in a state of shock as Izumi turns to us. He goes to Seung and helps him back to his feet.

"Are you alright?" Izumi asks while dusting off his shoulders. Seung starts to blush a little, "Yeah I'm fine. What was that for?" He asks and Izumi continues to walk ahead. "Only I can make fun of you for being short," Izumi says which we take the stairs.

"So it seems he's not the worlds biggest asshole in the world after all,"

Kwan says to me while pushing his pastel blue hair out of his eyes.

I look back at Seung who was at the end of our little line looking dazed.