되돌릴 수 없다. (6)

[Seung POV]

Kwan is the last one to make it on the platform.

He pulls out a plastic hair clip from his pocket and pins his bright blue bangs up and out of his eyes.

He looks at me and pulls out a hair tie,

"Hey what are you!?" He takes my long front bangs and pulls it up then ties it so I just have a single chunk of bangs sticking straight up.

Kwan stands back and laughs a little. "That's better, your hair was flying all over the place and I'm not used to seeing it so messy." He explains and tucks the little chunk of bangs under my helmet.

Dae hops in front of Kwan and pinches both my cheeks, wiggling my face, "Awwww! You're so cute now that I can finally see your eyes!" He squeals and I stick out my tongue.

Dae laughs and we turn back to the courses ahead of us.

Luke goes over to the swing and pulls a rope to bring it closer to us until he finally gets a hold of the log that forms the seat for the swing.

Izumi raises his hands to shield his eyes from the sun.

"It seems like you stand on it and ride it into the trees but I can't see where the next platform is..." He reports and Luke sets the swing on the platform.

"Well, there's only one way to know where it goes," Luke says and lets out a deep sigh.

Dae steps forward and hooks himself to the line connected to the swing and jumps before any of us can say anything.

He screams and we all watch from the platform as he disappears into the woods.

The screams stop and we all wait for a shout from Dae telling us he's okay.

But the call never comes.

"Dae!"

Hanuel screams his name but there was silence.

Luke tugs the pulley rigged to the swing and it comes back to us with ease.

"Dae!"

Hanuel yells again and luke hands him the swing. Han attaches his harness to the rope and swings across screaming as he also disappears into the thick cover of the trees.

"Han! Dae!"

Kwan and I scream. I turn back to look at what might be left of our team.

"Well, I guess we have to find them," Kwan says as he pulls the swing back. Izumi leans against the tree.

"What if I don't feel like dying today?"

Izumi says and Kwan turns and looks at him.

"Once you cross the swing, there's no turning back. You either stand with us or leave us. There is no in-between." Kwan says and jumps onto the swing, quickly disappearing from sight.

I watch Izumi as he pulls back the swing but looks at it for a second.

"No turning back huh?"

He says and looks at his harness clip.

Luke crosses his arms.

"So you gonna go or not?"

Luke asks nonchalantly and looks at Izumi, judging his every move.

Izumi makes his decision as he clicks onto the swing and jumps.