비행 [12]

Flight

[Seung POV]

"TO ONE MILLION!"

Dae shouts and we all raise our mugs of hot cocoa. It was a chilly January night, three days after our live challenge. Our numbers were now going through the roof and we blew all expectations out of the water.

We cheer and look to Izumi to see if he'll say anything.

"To NTB. All of your hard work paid off."

He says in his usual serious tone and we clink our mugs together.

"What do u think will happen next?"

I ask and Haneul wipes the steam from his glasses.

"I heard the producers talking about us doing a music video with some group at big-time productions and then we get our own song and video. I don't know about the concert in a month though."

Haneul explains and I crack my knuckles while smiling at my brothers.

"I guess I better get to work on our first song then!"

I say and Dae gives me a thumbs up.

"I'm sure whatever you create will be great but you have to make it an upbeat song you know," Dae says and the others nod in agreement.

"I feel like Seung-Hyung, doesn't have enough life experience to write songs though,"

Kwan says and the others roar at the savagery.

"I mean it's true look at him, he's our innocent little maknae. Do you think he can write about love if he's never been in love before?"

Kwan continues and I stand up with my hands balled up in a fist.

"Who says I've never been in love before!"

Is all I say and I storm off angrily, taking my hot cocoa outside.

I watch the crowded city under us from the balcony of the penthouse.

Leaning over the railing and feeling the wind comb through my hair. It was chilly but my anger over what Kwan said filled my body with rage. I take a sip of hot coco and think. Sometimes I feel like they underestimate me but not this time. I would prove them wrong with my songs of love and passion, even if I've never had these feelings before.

I start to wonder if the songs would be easier to write if I had someone to write about.

I feel something being draped across my shoulder and look to see a blanket had been wrapped around me. I look over to see Luke leaning against the railing with his arms crossed.

"Are you the head of security and a personal assistant now?" I ask sarcastically and Luke snorts. His black sunglasses covering his eyes.

"You're going to get sick if you stand out here in just a t-shirt." He says but doesn't look at me.

"And what about you standing there looking like a suited up twig," I say but it comes off more mean than I wanted it too. I blame my bad mood.

"I don't get sick." He says and finally looks at me, I raise an eyebrow.

"Ooo, we have a badass over here." I snort.

"Was I not a badass before?" He asks and takes off his sunglasses in an overly dramatic way and I can't help but start laughing.

"Ah, there's the Seung I know."

Luke says and puts his glasses away in a special case attached to his waist. Maybe they're not just sunglasses after all.