죽음 [21]

Dae POV

Butterfly

오월 2116

"You're getting a lot faster Hanny-Hyung! Pretty soon Izumi-Hyung won't be able to call you Teoteul anymore!"

I laugh as Haneul starts to jog faster than me. Seung runs beside me with his earbuds in and has a look on his face like his head is in the clouds. I watch the hill in front of us as the incline starts to get steep. Haneul slows down and I catch up to him. He had a serious expression on his face,

"Is there something wrong?"

I ask and he looks at me.

"No,"

he says with a straight face but I don't believe him.

"How do you think we'll do tonight? It's our first sold out show!" I jump up with excitement and he rolls his eyes.

"Dae, just looking at you makes me tired. How do you have so much energy?" He asks and I think for a moment while continuing to jog.

"I don't know, I guess I was just born to be a little ball of energy! Watch!" I jump up and spin in a half circle, then shuffle my feet. "Cause you're nothing but a bad," I scream the lyrics and jump again with my hands on my hips and continue shuffling up the hill, "Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar!" I yell and he starts to laugh. I do a cartwheel and run up to the point where you could see all of New Seoul. I cup my hands around my mouth,

"And I'm so tired! Tired! Tired! Tired!"

I yell down the mountain and Izumi grabs me by the collar before I can shout anymore.

"It's five in the morning Dae-Hyung! Do you want to wake up all of New Seoul with that voice!" He yells and I shake my head.

Haneul passes us while laughing.

"Oh, you laugh now Haneul! But enjoy it while you can! I'll beat you once I get to the top!" I threaten and Izumi looks at me.

"Stop, screaming. You need to save your voice for the concert tonight." He lets go of me and we continue jogging.

I run up to Seung first and pat his shoulder. He takes an earbud out and I realize he was listening to our music. "It's playing on all the radio stations, what's up?" He says like it's no big deal.

"Ah, So do you have any big plans for your birthday Maknae?" I tease and he rolls his eyes like Haneul.

"No, and I don't plan on having any. It's just another day like it's just another year."He says and I poke him.

"Hey, having two decades behind you is not an easy feat," I say and he laughs.

"Does Luke-Hyung know?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Again it's just another day. Besides, it seems like he's really tense and stressed out these past few days. He won't tell me what it's about though." Seung sighs and I start to run faster.

"Come on Seung Hyung! If we let the Teoteul beat us, we'll never live it down!" 

I play with the microphone on my ear and adjust it to my lips.

"Nervous?"

Izumi asks me while adjusting his shirt in the mirror.

"Nah, I got this by now. I think...there's something else, but I'm just not sure what." I sigh and feel that weird feeling again.