천사의 보호자 (15)

The Angel's Guardian

Luke POV

I turn on the shower and the hot water burns as it touches my skin. Standing in the tub while rinsing my jet black hair and let the hot water run down my body while the steam fogs up the bathroom and relaxes me.

Why am I so tense?

 I rub my left shoulder and groan when I feel the painful knots. I was beginning to develop a newfound appreciation for our physical therapist Mariah, she's usually pretty good about keeping our bodies relaxed and flexible since we were little. But I need to learn how to take care of myself now that I just turned nineteen. My birthday being the same night Seung and I became an official thing.

Well, it shouldn't really be called a thing since he's my boyfriend?

The word feels weird. And since being a homosexual in this country is illegal these thoughts were even harder to process. Back in Bridgeport my parents only told us you will know when you love someone and whether that be a guy, a girl, or in between it doesn't matter as long as you love and respect them. And when you meet that person you will know, but whatever you do, don't let them go.

I Splash my face in the hot water and close my eyes. I had been with other people before but never have I ever felt like this.

As soon as I saw Seung I knew.

When I touched him and felt the chill that Peter described when he first met Joseph,

I knew

And when I kissed him just to make sure it wasn't all in my head,

I knew.

Just as Pierce/Izumi knew that Min Kyung was the one for him and why he's traveled the world to find her. People can do such stupid things when they're in love.

Like going undercover only to be accidentally drafted into a K-pop band.

"Idiot." I mumble to myself and stretch my arms behind my head like Mariah taught me to do whenever I'm tense and stressed out.

Maybe I shouldn't have done this with Seung. 

I have enough to worry about with keeping my brother under control. Maybe I should tell Seung I made a mistake.

But just the thought of him tearing up rips the thought from my head. I can't do that. I promised. But what was I going to do when we found Min Kyung? Take him back to Bridgeport with me? Tear him away from his friends and family in Korea?

Does he have any family?

I get out of shower and dry myself off.

It was three in the morning and I had just finished a heavy workout. I put on a pair of soft cotton pajama pants and walk out into my room. I had my own room which was about the same size as the one Izumi and Seung shared but without a roommate to bother me. I sit on my small couch that I had turned earlier to face the window and watch the city lights of New Seoul while ruffling my hair with the towel to dry it off.

My phone starts to vibrate across the coffee table and I grab it before it falls off and answer without checking who it was.

"WOW! So you finally pick up the phone! It's about time!" I hold the phone away from my ear as my twin brother Enrique screams at me in Spanish.

"God it's three in the morning over here and you're at a ten, I need you at like a 2 or I'm hanging up." I threaten in Japanese and he calms down.

"Sorry, I forgot about the time difference. It's only 7 pm over here." He says as he switches from Spanish to our native Japanese dialect.