Prologue

My life isn't great, but it's nice for the most part. I have two loving, caring parents, and two younger siblings that I absolutely adored. While things are great at home, they aren't at school. I am constantly bullied and picked on.

It all started when my ex-best friend became super popular. She thought that with her popularity she could do anything she wanted and have any guy she wanted, but the guy she wanted, liked me instead. I didn't return the feelings for him though. For starters, there is someone else in my life or at least there was. Also, I knew my best friend liked him and I would never betray her. He is the bad boy, and I just didn't want all the attention and drama that came along with him. Unfortunately, the attention and drama still followed me.

My best friend was pissed off that he turned her down because he liked me. She started bullying me and spread rumors that I was a slut, and I was sleeping with the entire football team. Shortly after that everyone believed her. I can handle the names people call me, and the vulgar things that guys say to me. It's harder to get used to the beating though. I've gotten good at covering the bruises up from the girls who beat me because my ex-best friend tells them she caught me sleeping with their boyfriends. Just to be clear, it's all lies. I haven't slept with anyone,

I don't let it bother me though, because I know that once I get home my life is perfect again. My family is my safe haven. I come from a very wealthy family, but we aren't the type that flaunts it around. Sure, we have a nice house, but we don't go to the extreme as others do. My parents own several five-star restaurants, and I work as a waitress at one of them. My parents thought it would be a good idea for me to work, so I could gain work ethics even though we have enough money where I wouldn't need to work a day in my life. I agree with my parents though. I don't want to be one of the snobby rich people that feels like I'm entitled to everything. Plus, I really love my job and really enjoy working there. Since it's a five-star restaurant and it's very pricey the kids from my school rarely show up thankfully.

My parents said I could take the upcoming year off from work so that I can enjoy my senior year with my friends. If they only knew that I don't have friends. My parents are so excited for me to start my senior year. I'm not though. They don't know what really goes on with me at school, and I'm fine with that. They don't need the added stress to their already stressful lives. They don't need to know that their daughter is a social failure. I just have to make it one more year, and I will be free from the torment and bullying. At least I have my family to come home to every day, I don't know what I would do without them. Everything is fine and I can handle whatever life throws at me, or at least that's what I thought.