Chapter 63 ~ B-Blood everywhere

Hayden's POV

I'm broken. The more I think about her saying there can't be an us, the more I feel myself falling into a dark abyss. I'm lost somewhere in my mind when I realize Nick and Sofia are no longer in the SUV. As I look out the windows, red and blue lights are flashing from police cars. It is then that I notice the police tape around the diner. I don't know what happened here, but it doesn't look good. It also doesn't make sense why Nick and Sofia got out of the car. They may be curious as to what happened, but our priority should be finding Isla.

I look out the window and see Sofia and Nick walking up to two kids about our age that have blood all over their clothes and arms. With my curiosity now getting the best of me, I jump out of the car and run to catch up with Nick and Sofia. As we reach them, Killian, Tyler and Luke are walking up too.

"Zoe, are you okay? What happened?" Killian asks. Who the hell is Zoe? By the way Nick and Sofia are acting it seems like they know her too.

"S-She shot them. Oh God. B-Blood everywhere." The girl who I presume is Zoe cries. Zoe clutches onto the guy's shirt who is standing next to her. "What if they don't make it?" Zoe collapses on the floor while he tries to comfort her.

"Who?" Sofia asks. "Who was shot?"

Zoe is so hysterical that she is unable to answer. "A friend of ours and a girl Zoe recently met." The guy says as he gently rubs Zoe's back. "The girl was having some problems at home and needed someone to talk to, so we met her here."

"Fuck. Zoe, tell me it's not her. I'm begging you to tell me it's not her." Nick cries. Sofia drops to her knees crying while Killian looks sick. "Zoe, was she shot?" Zoe nods her head and cries even harder.

Nick's expression changes to pure hate. "You're lying. You're fucking lying. It wasn't Isla. It can't be!" Nick screams.

The guy shoves Nick as hard as he can. "Don't fucking scream at her. You barely know her. What gives you the right to make things worse?" Nick is fuming. He pulls his arm back to punch the guy, but Killian tackles Nick to the ground.

"Spencer." Zoe manages to say. "She's their best friend."

Spencer looks at Nick. "Man, I didn't know. I'm sorry. Our friend Thomas was shot along with her."

"Wait. Are you saying Isla was shot?" Luke screams. The puzzle pieces are slowly starting to come together for Luke, Tyler and me.

Spencer nods his head. "Yeah, she called Zoe, saying she was upset and wanted to talk. Zoe and Thomas had met her a few days ago along with them." He says point at Nick, Killian and Sofia. "We were all sitting in a booth when this girl walked in looking crazy. She spotted your friend and started calling her a slut and whore. She also said something about stealing her boyfriend. It was kind of hard to understand her. The girl was either really drunk or on drugs. Your friend looked terrified."

"What did the girl look like?" I ask having an all too bad feeling that I know who he is talking about.

"Skinny, about the same height as Zoe. Oh, and she's a redhead." Well fuck me. "She was screaming at your friend before she pulled out a gun. Thomas tried to get the gun from her and in the process, he got shot in the leg. She then turned the gun on your friend and shot her twice in the stomach. After that she dropped her gun and smirked. She started saying shit like 'you deserve to die', 'you can now be reunited with your parents', 'No one will miss you' and 'they were all just using you for your money.'"

"Where is Isla? I need to be with her." I frantically say, as I search for the ambulance that is no longer here.

Luke is soon by my side as we try to find someone who can tell us any information about Isla's condition or what hospital she's been taken to. As we run by one of the police cars, we see Chelsea sitting in the back seat with a smug smirk on her face. Luke runs over to the vehicle and starts banging on the window like a mad man. "You bitch. You fucking bitch. I will kill you. You better pray to God she's okay. I fucking hate you." Several cops come threatening to arrest Luke, but I pull him away.