Chapter 70 ~ Always My Angel

Killian's POV

Nick went to go talk to Sofia about having me and Tyler visit Isla once she wakes up again. From what I understand, she doesn't want to see any of us besides Nick and Sofia, but Nick at least thinks Tyler and I will have a greater chance at her accepting us compared to Luke and Hayden. Tyler, Luke, Hayden and I all sit nervously waiting for Nick to come back to see what Sofia thinks about letting us see Isla.

The door starts to open, and instead of it being Nick, Sofia walks through the door. "Nick said that y'all wanted to visit Isla. We've talked about it and decided we will let Killian and Tyler go first to see what happens." On the inside, I'm jumping up and down with excitement, but I refuse to show it on the outside because I don't want to upset Luke and Hayden even more. They both really care for her, and I know she cares for them too. I don't know what's going on in her head at the moment but hopefully she'll get better soon.

"Are y'all ready?" Sofia says, looking at Tyler and me.

"You mean she's already awake?" Tyler asks. "Are you sure it's okay for us to see her?"

"Yes, she is already awake and no, I'm not sure if it's okay for y'all to see her, but we won't know how she'll react until she sees y'all." With that, my sister turns on her heels and bounces out of the room.

Tyler and I follow Sofia to Isla's room and enter it quietly. Nick is sitting on the bed with her, laughing at something on tv. They really do act like sister and brother. It's weird but cute. And I so didn't use the word cute.

Sofia clears her throat, causing Isla to look in our direction. Isla's eyes widen and start to tear up. "I didn't want to see them." She starts crying.

Tyler tries to back out of the room, but I stop him. "Remember what Nick said," I whisper. "She rejected him and Sofia too until they showed her how much they love her. We just need to do the same."

Tyler takes a deep breath, "Okay, you're right. I'm just scared that she won't accept us ever."

"It's Isla we're talking about. Sure, she's a little confused at the moment, but Isla deeply cares for all of us. She won't reject us forever."

I walk over to Isla and as I get closer, she starts to cry even more. I gesture with my head for Nick to walk away but he is hesitant about it. He looks over to Sofia and she gives him a nod, meaning it's okay. As I take Nick's place on Isla's hospital bed, she tries to scoot away. "Please leave, Killian. You don't need to be here."

I wrap my arm around her and pull her into me. "Angel, I'm not going anywhere. Why do you want me to leave?"

"I-I'm not you're a-angel. An a-angel wouldn't be as awful as I-I am." She cries into my chest.

I look up at my friends in confusion not understanding what she means. Sofia and Nick both shrug with solemn faces while Tyler Has the same look of confusion on his face that I do. "What do you mean, Isla?"

"I've done nothing but cause you all trouble. If it wasn't for me, you would be popular, and Tyler would still have all of his friends."

Tyler sits on Isla's other side. "Isla, you've got it completely wrong. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have any real friends. You taught me what it's like to have real friends." Tyler says as he holds her hand.

"But you had so many more friends than you do now." She sniffles.

"Did I? They were all fake. I would rather have a couple of real friends than a hundred fake friends. Angel, you've done nothing but help me since the day I met you. If it weren't for you, I may be dead. You saved not only me, but also Sofia and Emma. You are and will always be my Angel. I love you."