Chapter 57 ~ Burnt toast again

"Holy fucking hell!" The voice shouts.

Hayden's POV

I leap off of Isla and land on the floor to see who barged into my room. Standing in my doorway with the biggest shit eating grin I've ever seen is my idiot of a best friend, Nick. I glance back at Isla to make sure she is okay. Her eyes are wide as if she has just seen a ghost and her lips are swollen. A smile appears on my face because I'm the reason why her beautiful lips are swollen.

Isla sits up on my bed and is blushing redder than a tomato. I get off the floor and sit beside her. Without even thinking, my hand grabbed hers and intertwined our fingers. Isla glances at our hands before looking at me and smiling.

Nick looks between the two of us, his smile still as big as ever. "I love you both, but y'all really need to start locking your doors. This is what, the third time I've walked in on y'all looking like more than friends." Nick then looks down to our hands that are intertwined. "I mean, are y'all more than friends? Because with y'all holding hands, the smiles on both of your faces and your swollen lips, to me y'all don't look like friends." Neither Isla nor I say anything. I mean, I don't know what we are. We just kind of made out, but we haven't talked about it. "I ship it." Nick says proudly. "Hayla. Islan. No, how about Hisla."

Isla seems really uncomfortable at the moment as she starts to fidget next to me. "Love, you seem tired. Do you want to go to your room and get some sleep? We can talk later." She nods her head and starts to walk out of the room. I don't want her to leave, because I'm afraid that she will think of all of this as a huge mistake. I want to grab her and bring her back over to me, but I know with Nick in the room, she was starting to feel uneasy. I take a deep breath trying to mentally tell myself that everything will be okay. She won't regret kissing me, but before she leaves my room, she runs back over to me and kisses me on the lips in front of Nick. Nick's jaw is hanging open while Isla literally skips out of my room to her room.

Once Isla leaves the room, Nick quickly shuts the door before jumping on to my bed. "Holy monkey blue balls!" He exclaims. "She's yours."

I rake my hand through my hair. "No, Nick. We're still just friends. It was just a kiss."

"Don't give me that bullshit."

"It's not bullshit. We just kissed. We haven't talked about being anything more plus Killian and Luke kissed her too."

"First, Luke kissed her, but she didn't kiss him back and after their so-called kiss, she ran away. Second, her kiss with Killian was nothing like that and again afterwards, she ran away."

"Your point?" I say, annoyed. I want to believe us kissing meant as much to her as it did to me, but I don't want to get my hope up only to have it come crashing down.

Nick rolls his eyes at me. "For someone so smart, you are also really stupid. She didn't run away when the two of you kissed. She also initiated that last kiss before she went to her room, and to top it all off, she's happy. After her kiss with Luke and Killian, you could see the guilt in her eyes. When I looked at her just a few minutes ago, there was no guilt, no doubt, no regret, just love and happiness. Dude, she's your girl. You just need to make it official. And now I can do my happy dance." Nick starts dancing around my room like a crazed lunatic. "Finally, my best friend and my little sister." He says proudly.

I grab my Powerade bottle and start drinking from it when Nick goes all serious on me. "You better not knock my sister up. I'm not ready to be an uncle." I choke on my drink spitting my red Powerade all over my bed. Well, there goes my white comforter.

Nick laughs, as I glare at him. "You're buying me a new comforter for my bed."

"Whatever." He yells as he walks out of my room. "Go talk to your girl."