Chapter 27 ~ You scare me a little

Sofia' POV

It's finally the last class of the day and I couldn't be happier. Thankfully today we have music instead of Gym. Isla, Nick, Hayden, Luke, Killian, and I are supposed to be practicing a song that we have to perform in front of the class next week, but Nick, Hayden, Isla, and Luke are too distracted thinking about what's supposed to happen after school. They all look very worried while I am grinning like an idiot. In case I haven't said it before I am slightly crazy. Not crazy like I should be locked up in a mental institution, but crazy enough to enjoy stuff that most people would find absurd. Killian isn't worried either. He is far too busy being stuck in la-la land staring at his angel to even be the slightest bit concerned about what's going to happen after school.

Nick nudges my arm. "Mind telling me why you're smiling like a lunatic?"

I throw my head back and laugh. "I'm looking forward to after school."

Nick raises one eyebrow at me. "I hope you mean the slumber party and not the fight."

"I'm looking forward to both," I quickly admit.

"You scare me a little," he says with a smile.

I wink at him with an evil laugh. "I hope so."

Hayden enters one of the soundproof music booths and we all follow him. We all sit on the floor. I sit in between my brother and Nick and across from us, Isla is sitting in between Luke and Hayden.

"So, what is the plan?" Hayden asks.

"We just have to make it to my truck," Killian says.

"H-how are w-we supposed to do that?" Isla asks.

"They will be waiting for us the moment the bell rings to release school."

With a crazy look on my face that would put the joker to shame I proudly say, "Already got it covered."

Everyone besides my brother gives me a suspicious look, but I just keep smiling. Ten minutes before the bell rings our Music teacher gets a phone call. After exchanging a few words with the person on the other line she hangs up. "Isla, Hayden, Nick, Luke, Killian, and Sofia, you are all needed in the front office immediately," Killian smirks at me while my four new friends look at me, and I just shrug.

We quickly gather our stuff and start to leave the room when one of the guys from the football team stops us. I think his name is Darron or wait maybe it's Derrick. Eh, I don't remember, nor do I care so I will refer to him as dipshit. "Don't think y'all can escape what's coming for y'all."

We push by him, but he grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Baby Doll, you're too pretty to be hanging out with the likes of them. Stay back with me, and I'll protect you."

I give him a sweet smile before saying, "Nah. I'm good."

He tries to give me an intimidating look, but instead, he looks constipated. "Your choice but don't think you can avoid the consequence for choosing them over me," he growls.

"What was your name again?" I put my finger on my chin like I'm thinking about it, but I don't give him time to answer.

"Oh. Yeah. Dipshit," His anger is evident at this point.

"I wouldn't dream of missing what's about to happen after school." I quickly turn on my heels and skip my way out of the classroom and join my friends in the hallway.

My brother rolls his eyes at me when I step out of the classroom. "Causing trouble like always, Sofe?" I just smile at him.

He knows me all too well. Hayden clears his throat. "So, I guess we should be heading to the office?"