Chapter 32 ~ If anyone of us says run, then run

Isla's POV

The week after Tyler was admitted into the hospital dragged on. It seems as if it was the school's goal to cause me and my friends hell. Thankfully, the two weeks after that, which are also the two weeks leading up to Thanksgiving break, were much better. The cheerleaders and football team were out of state for some special camp. I don't know why the principal would approve for them to miss two whole weeks of school, but I was glad they were gone.

Without Chelsea, the cheerleaders, and the stupid football team being at school, my friends and I seemed to go unnoticed. No one has tried or said anything to us. It's as if we don't even exist. Trust me when I say it's much better to be invisible than having the entire school against you. It's upsetting to know that Chelsea really is the cause for making my high school years a living hell.

Tyler hasn't been back to school since the day he was attacked. None of us have gone to check on him or anything, and I believe his mom is a little upset about that. She has texted me several times saying he is getting better, but that he could really use some company. I have politely declined each time coming up with some sort of an excuse about having to watch my sister and brother. I don't think his parents know that my parents have passed away. I'm not even sure if Tyler knows.

Since the incident in the nurse's office, Killian and Sofia have explained to us about their parents passing away and how they live with their uncle. From what they have said about their uncle he seems like a really nice person, but every time he is brought up when Emma is around, she starts acting weird. I'm thinking there is more to their story, but it's not my place to pry. They will tell us if and when they're ready too.

Since we are off the entire next week, we are going to all celebrate Thanksgiving at my place. Killian and Sofia said their uncle will be out of town, so it works out perfectly. Isaac, Isabelle, Luke, Hayden, Nick, Sofia, Killian and Emma are my new family. We are not a typical family, but I couldn't ask for a better set of people to consider as family, and I feel blessed that I get to spend Thanksgiving with all of them.

After school, Hayden and Luke are going grocery shopping to buy everything we need for this upcoming week. It will probably take them a while at the store, because they have to get stuff for Thanksgiving and a ton of extra stuff because we are supposed to be having a blizzard coming in by the end of the week that could have people stranded in their homes. It seems a little early in the season for that type of storm, but all three weather stations are reporting the same thing. Mrs. Ford is keeping Isaac and Isabelle for the weekend because she is taking them along with her daughter Madison to Disney on Ice. Isabelle was super excited, but Isaac was complaining that it sounded girly. I think he will enjoy it, though. This year it's based on Toy Story. Plus, he may or may not have a small crush on Madison.

While Luke and Hayden are at the store, Nick and I are going to do some serious cleaning. The house isn't messy, but it hasn't had a good cleaning since before my parents passed away. Because we are having Thanksgiving dinner here, I want to make sure everything is nice and spotless. Although with a bunch of teenage guys around, it probably won't stay spotless for long.

Hayden will be cooking the turkey and most of the sides with the help of the guys. Sofia and I are going to be making the dessert. To everyone's delight, Killian, Sofia and Emma are going to be coming over either late Tuesday or early Wednesday and staying through Friday. The boys have also insisted on playing football before Thanksgiving dinner. They said it's a Thanksgiving tradition. I think it's more of a guy thing, but whatever.

After picking up Isabell and Isaac from their school, I drive us all home. "Isabelle, Isaac, hurry and get your stuff together. Hayden and Luke are going to drop y'all off at Madison's house."