Chapter 36 ~ His mom has to be on drugs

Isla's POV

The past few days have been really nice around the house. We finished working on the bedrooms Sunday afternoon before Isabella and Isaac got home. Isabelle was thrilled to find out that she and Emma would be sharing a room. I had also somewhat explained the situation to Mrs. Ford, and she said she would be more than happy to have Emma join them when Isabelle and Isaac were with her.

We've all been kind of lazy the past few days with there being no school, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving, so we need to start prepping some of the food. Of course, Hayden will be the main chief in the house, since he likes cooking and he's the best cook out of all of us.

Sofia and I were sitting at the counter in the kitchen chomping on celery and carrots when Killian walked in. "Hey, I think we may need to get some more supplies for the winter storm that the news keeps talking about."

Sofia raises an eyebrow at him. "Kill, do you really think it's going to be that bad?" She asks. "Come on, it's not even winter yet, and we never get storms this early in the season."

He rolls his eyes at her. "I know, Sofe, but wouldn't it be better to be prepared than not?"

I take a bite of my celery, thinking about the storm. I would rather have stuff and not use it, than to need stuff and not have it. Plus, with so many of us here, it wouldn't hurt to have extra stuff. I also heard the news say that they expect this storm to be worse than they originally thought. "Killian, I think you're right." He smirks at Sofia because I am agreeing with him. "Here, take my card and have Nick go with you."

"I'll go wake up Nick. You two make a list of stuff I should pick up," he says before rushing upstairs.

I grab a pen and some paper to make the list. "Okay, so what do we need?"

Sofia smiles. "Junk food, blankets, water, drinks, flashlights, batteries, movies, first aid kit..." she taps her chin, trying to think of more stuff.

"Board games," I say excitedly. "Also, toilet paper. We wouldn't want to run out of that." We both laugh.

Nick comes downstairs, complaining about having to wake up. Sofia and I laugh at how he can be so childish at times. "Why do I have to go to the store with Killian and not the two of you?"

Sofia pinches his cheek, "Because we are chopping the vegetables for Hayden, and we have to start on making the desserts for tomorrow."

Nick pouts and mumbles, "It better be good." I lightly smack him on the back of the head.

"Hey!" He says, rubbing the back of his head. "What was that for?"

"How dare you doubt our dessert-making skills," I playfully scold him.

"Angel, can we take the SUV?" Killian asks as he walks into the kitchen. Angel. For some reason every time he calls me that I blush. I tried to hide my blush but Nick noticed it. He gives me a pointed look before glaring at Killian for a moment. Hmm...I wonder what that is about?

I toss my keys at him. "Sure. Here's the list and if y'all think of anything else, get it." Killian grabs the list and then heads out with Nick.

Now that Sofia and I are alone in the kitchen we can start baking. "So what are we making?" Sofia asks.

"We are making two pumpkin pies, one apple pie, one strawberry pie, one pecan pie, chocolate cake, and cookies," I say, trying to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

Sofia's mouth hangs open. "Why so much? I mean, I'm not complaining, but that seems like a lot of dessert."

I start laughing at her. "We live with five boys. They eat like pigs. Isaac alone could eat all of the pies and still want more."