Chapter 50 ~ Oh, sweet baby llamas

Isla's POV

Hayden holds my hand until we reach our new neighborhood. Sofia and Nick are like two little kids on Christmas morning. They are gasping at how grand and large each house is as we pass by. I try not to laugh at their childish behaviors. They are perfect for each other. I wouldn't be surprised if they're soulmates. What they have between each other is love. I feel a pang of pain in my heart. I want what they have.

We continue to drive by a few more houses with Nick and Sofia still getting more and more excited. I hide a smile at their reactions. It's what makes them fun to be around. However, I can't really blame them for getting so excited when I think of their backgrounds. Right now, we are driving by the smaller houses in the neighborhood but by no means are they small. They're at least two times bigger than our old house.

As we drive farther into the neighborhood, the houses only get bigger and bigger. What I like so much about this neighborhood is how far apart the houses are to each other. Especially the bigger houses. I may have forgotten to mention to my friends that we will be living in one of the biggest houses in this neighborhood. I'm not the type to overly spend money on material things. Well, besides food. You can never have too much food. But when it came to a house, I would normally prefer a smaller modest house. However, with there being ten of us, we needed a bigger house. I know no one minds sharing rooms, but I thought that with everyone having their own rooms, they could also have a little more privacy.

I sneak a glance at Hayden, and while he might not be jumping up and down in his seat like Sofia, Nick, and Isaac in the back seat, I can tell he is just as excited. Everyone is in awe when I finally pull up to our house. I park in the driveway and Tyler parks behind me.

We all unload from the two SUVs when Tyler's mom walks over to us. "I have a gift for all of you. Follow me," she says, her heels clicking on the pavement as she walks over to the garage.

When we are all standing in front of the six-door garage, she presses a button and all six doors start to lift. Inside the garage sits my SUV, Killian's truck, Luke's car, and Tyler's car. But there are also two brand-new Lincoln Navigators. "Surprise!" Tyler's mom exclaims. "Tyler's dad and I thought that they would be great additions to the vehicle that y'all already have." She smiles proudly at us. "They are for all of you to share."

"Wow!" Nick says looking at Tyler's parents. "Thank you." Everyone follows Nick leads and thank Tyler's parents before rushing over to the two new vehicles and getting a better look at them.

I, on the other hand, wait until everyone is away from me, before walking over to Tyler's parents. "Mr. and Mrs. Constable, you really didn't need to get us two vehicles. We are more than grateful, but it's too much."

Mrs. Constable places her hand on my shoulder. "It's nothing compared to what you have done. We haven't seen Tyler happy in years, and now he's a completely different person." She gives me a motherly smile. "When we used to leave him, he would ignore our calls and refuse to speak to us. I now speak to my son every night. He's happy, Isla. That means more to us than you will ever know."

Mr. Constable walks over and stands behind his wife. "Plus, I have a suspicion that your friend's car and your other friend's truck might be on their last leg. Isla, you bought this entire house with your money. When we offered to help you pay for it and you declined. You just wanted help with the paperwork. This was the very least we could do."

"You're a special person, Isla." Mrs. Constable says, hugging me. "I honestly don't know anyone besides you who, after having their world fall apart, would step up to raise their younger siblings and take on other people's problems. The world needs more people like you. When your friends needed you, you were there for them."