Chapter 44 ~ I've put the house up for sale

Isla's POV

The days have flown by since arriving at the cabin and it is now Christmas morning. Over the past several days we have had a ton of fun and everyone has grown closer to each other. Everyone has been really happy, and I haven't felt depressed.

Waking up, I notice that it is only six in the morning causing me to groan. I want to sleep longer but knowing my luck, by the time I fall back to sleep someone will probably come in here and wake me up. Isabelle and Isaac normally wake up around eight on Christmas.

I dress in a cute Christmas sweater dress and put my hair in a ponytail. I slip out of my room without waking Sofia up and go into the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone.

Hayden's going to be surprised once he wakes up since I plan on making breakfast this morning. He is always the one to cook breakfast for everyone, but he deserves a break. Since I'm not as good of a cook as Hayden and I don't feel like spending all morning in the kitchen cooking for ten people, I make kolaches.

It took me about thirty minutes to wrap five dozen mini-sausages in the dough, but I finally got it done and stuck them in the oven to bake. "Morning!" Luke says as he walks into the kitchen wiping the sleep from his eyes. "It smells good in here. What is Hayden making for breakfast?"

With my hands on my hips, I turn around and give him a deadpan look. "Hayden is not the only one who knows how to cook, Luke."

He raises his hands in surrender. "Sorry, Sunshine. He is just normally the one to cook." He gives me a hug and I feel giddy from it. "Merry Christmas!" He whispers in my ear.

"Merry Christmas, Luke."

"So, what are you making for breakfast?"

"Kolaches. They should be about done. Can you take them out of the oven for me please?" He grabs the oven mitt off the counter and starts taking the trays out of the oven.

Hayden rushes into the kitchen looking like a disheveled mess. "I'm so sorry, Love." He apologizes. "I meant to wake up early and make breakfast for everyone, but I overslept my alarm cl-" He stops when he sees Luke pulling the kolaches out of the oven. "I guess Luke made breakfast?" He asks, looking slightly confused. Luke never makes breakfast.

Luke chuckles. "Nope. Isla made these. I was just helping her by taking them out of the oven."

"Merry Christmas, Hayden!" I hug him. "Did you sleep well?"

My hug causes him to blush. "Uh, yeah. I slept well until I woke up and realized I missed my alarm clock." He says sheepishly. "Merry Christmas to you too, Love. Is anyone else awake yet?"

"I don't think so. Sofia was sleeping soundly when I got up."

"Same with Killian," Luke says.

"I'm surprised Isabelle, Isaac, and Emma haven't woken up. I expected them to be up at the crack of dawn." Hayden laughs.

"Nick too," Luke says while rolling his eyes.

I feel a pang of sadness when I think about previous Christmases with my family. "Isabelle and Isaac always wake up around eight on Christmas morning. Our parents were kind of big about no one waking up too early. As for Emma, I don't think they really celebrated Christmas because of her uncle."

"Plus, everyone was up pretty late last night." Luke chimes in.

The three of us start to set the table for breakfast before the others wake up. Just as we are finished setting the table, everyone else starts walking into the kitchen. "Gifts! Do we get to do gifts now?" Nick screams as he comes running into the kitchen.