Chapter 55 ~ You can choose me

Isla's POV

The car ride home is....awkward. Quiet. Awful. Those are just a few ways to describe it. I feel really bad right now. I mean, I really like Killian, but I also like Luke and Hayden. And I think I may like one of them more than the others, but I need to explain myself to everyone. I also feel bad for kissing Killian back when I pushed Luke away.

When Nick pulls into the driveway, we all get out, but before I can even step away from the car, Killian gently grabs my arm. "Angel, can we please talk?" I nod my head and walk with him to the backyard. I feel Nick's burning glaze in the back of my neck. I turn around to glance at Nick, and I know he wants to say something, but it looks like Sofia is holding him back. Sofia gives me a hopeful smile, but it does nothing to help settle my stomach.

Killian and I sit on the swing set in the backyard lightly swinging. "So, umm, I think the swing is our thing."

"Huh?" I ask in confusion.

"The first time we met, you were crying on the swings at that old park." He says.

"Oh. That seems like such a long time ago."

"It does, doesn't it?" Killian replies. "Look Angel, I'm sorry for kissing you. I really like you, I do. I know the other guys like you too, and while I really wish you would pick me over them, because I know we have a connection, I want you to choose whoever is going to make you the happiest, even if it's not me." He tucks a stand of my hair behind my ear. "Just know that if you do choose me, I promise to never hurt you, and I will always protect you."

Sighing, I say, "Killian, I like you too. A lot, for that matter. But I also like Hayden and Luke. I'm trying to figure this out, I really am, but it's just so hard. You all mean so much to me, and I really am afraid if I choose one of y'all, then I'll lose the others as friends, and I can't have that."

Killian gives me one of his amazing smiles. "Angel, none of us are going to end our friendship with you just because you choose to date someone else. We all understand. We really do. But the most important thing to all of us is that you are happy. Believe me when I say this: I would feel worse if you really wanted to be with, let's say, Luke, but didn't go for him because you think I wouldn't want to be your friend anymore. I don't want to be the cause of you not finding your happiness."

Wow! Killian really is amazing. He's given me a lot to think about. "Thank you, Killian," I say as I kiss his cheek.

I'm walking back towards the house when Killian calls out, "Remember, Angel, you can choose me, and no matter what, you will always be my Angel." He winks, causing me to laugh. But then I sigh in frustration. Killian made an excellent point, but he has also made me fall a little more for him. This decision is never going to be easy.

As I walk in the house Luke and Tyler are both sitting in the kitchen. I guess I should go ahead and tell them first. "Hey, guys," I say timidly.

Both guys smile at me, and Tyler gestures for me to sit down with them. "What's up, Isla?"

I bite my bottom lip. I don't want to tell them, but if I keep it a secret and not tell them and then they find out later, it could cause more problems. "Umm, I have something to tell y'all, but I don't want y'all to get mad. Especially you, Luke."

Both of them look at me uncertainly. "Okay, Sunshine. What's bothering you?"

I swallow the lump in my throat and take a deep breath. "Well, Sofia, Nick, Killian, and I were supposed to be going to the mall, but we ended up at the carnival instead. Sofia and Nick went off on their own, so Killian and I decided to go ride some rides together." By the way they are both eyeing me, I have a feeling they kind of know what I'm going to say already. "After the rides, we decided to take pictures in a pictures booth. We were taking turns kissing each other's cheeks when we both turned at the same time and we kissed."