the one who got away.

。o○☆

disclaimer ! my writing does improve as the story evolves, because right now i was trying to rush into the story, but i've learn to slow down in future reference.

。o○☆

SHE had done it. She had escaped the orphanage. She was free. She no longer had to scrub the floor for hours on end, or endure the pain of being laughed at by the other girls. She was out.

Y/N ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She climbed over the surprisingly small gate, and jumped over to the other side. She heard the shouts of the workers, but she ignored them, and continued running. She was only 14, but dang, she knew how to run.

She continued running until she reached the buzziling streets of Ninjago city. This was it, what she had been dreaming of since the first night she was left to rot in that horrid orphanage. She had wanted to be free. And now, she was. And she wasn't going to stop, until she found her parents, and finally get payback for the life they forced upon her.

She was going to find them.

。o○☆

IT had been about a week since Y/N had escaped that hellhole. And now she was living in the dark alleys of Ninjago, surviving off of stolen food and water. She didn't feel bad for the people she had robbed.

Because they didn't care for her when she was scouring the streets for her long lost parents, or when she was left in the orphanage for around 8, agonisingly long years.

So no, Y/N only cared about finding her parents.

But all her thoughts changed, when one night, a mysterious old man with a long, white beard approached her, promising her a home and food, and all your average, life necessaries. This man claimed to be Sensei Wu. Although she was initially skeptical, she accepted his help, due to the fact that she really didn't have anywhere to go, and that the alleyway floors were cold and dark as the night passed by.

The mystery man also told her one more thing, that started her more than ever. "Y/N L/N, you are an elemental master."

I'm sorry what the hell?

What did she just hear?

No. She's no elemental master. She's just Y/N L/N.

So she didn't believe him. So what? This man might be a bit foggy in the head, but what was she supposed to do without him?

And she didn't believe him for a good day, until he asked her what her worst fear was. She was confused, to say the least. Was this man crazy? Surely. He was officially coo coo.

But she told him anyway, to stop his constant insisting. "I don't know. I know that I'm scared of something, I just don't know what it is or how to describe it.

The man let out a small chuckle at her response. "Ah, you still have yet to learn, my child. You are worth more than you think. Join me, and defeat the evil that roams the streets of Ninjago. Show your parents that they were wrong."

"W-What? But- how did you- I never- I never told you about that? H-how did you know?"

"That is for me to know, and you to find out. Now my child, must I ask twice?"

And so, for the next 2 months, she lived and trained with Sensei Wu, becoming better and better at using her physical fighting. She had asked him time and time again what she was the master of, but he refused to answer her - 'patience' was the word that he would quote every single time.

But one day, 4 boys move in, the reason being they are the key to finally ending all evil in Ninjago city.

But the only boy she is truly interested in, is Lloyd Garmadon, the silly boy who desperately wants to be seen as evil.

words: 669 (ironically enough lmao)