once bitten, twice shy. part one

season one, episode eight, part one.

IT was now the next day and you, Nya, Leo, Kai, Jay, Zane and Cole were sat in headquarters. Nya and Leo were talking about the mutation that happens when transforming into a snake and how to reverse the effects before they become permanent. She pulled a sheet of white cloth off of a fangpyre skeleton, revealing it's milk-white bones.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this fangpyre a few miles away," Nya began, gesturing towards the remains. "It predates the golden age, and must be hundreds of years old," Leo told the five of you. You were the only one that was actually interested in the topic: Cole was painting a picture, Jay was reading a pamphlet for the latest Mario kart game, Kai was doing tricks with a pen, and Zane was scanning his eyes over a book.

"Although the venom in the fangs of the fangpyre genetically mutates human cells into reptilian, we've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenin," Nya explained, making you lean forward in your chair. You noticed the dreaming look Leo was giving Nya and felt a smirk fall onto your face.

"If one is able to wildly raise their heart rate, hypothetically it could reverse the venom's effect," she explained, her cheeks beginning to glow a hot red. She glanced at Leo, feeling his gaze on her. She looked over at you, looking extremely flushed. You gave a suggestive look, to which she blushed even harder. "Resulting in... diminished, uh..." she struggled, trying to hide her face. Leo was still staring at her, admiration in his blue eyes.

"Looks like class is over guys, let's get out of here," you suggested, whilst Nya gave you a small playful glare. "Yeah! Time to start stomping some serpentine before they find any fangblades," Cole exclaimed happily. "Sounds like a plan," Jay chimed eagerly, taking his pamphlet with him. "I'm excited to join," Zane agreed, his eyes leaving his book for the first time in 30 minutes.

As soon as the four of you left the room, Nya turned around to Leo. "You did great," he praised, the blush still on her face. "Thanks, although, I did get slightly distracted near the end," she told him, hinting towards his staring.

"Oh, sorry about that," he apologized, rubbing the back of his neck. They stared into each other's eyes for multiple seconds, not being able to look away. "Anyways, I'll see you later, yeah?" she said, turning the opposite way to leave the room. Leo was quick to stop her, blurting out the first thing that came to mind. "Wait, Nya! I mean, if you'd let me, I can take you out to some fancy restaurant. You don't have to if you don't want to..." he proposed nervously. "You mean like, a date?" Nya asked him, playing with her hair in between her fingers. "Um, yeah," Leo replied. "Sure! I'd love to!" Nya exclaimed, before picking up her folder from beside her.

"I have to go, but see you tonight!" she waved, before exiting the room. She immediately ran over to you, who was talking with Jay. "Uh, Y/N, can I talk to you like, in private?" she asked nervously, glancing uneasily at Jay as she stuttered out her words. "Of course! Erm, Jay, please could you go and grab my pen from headquarters? I left it there at the meeting," you told him, looking slightly apologetic. "Sure!" he replied, before walking away.

"LeoaskedmetogooutonadatewithhimandIdon'tknowwhattodo-" she spluttered before you quickly stopped her. "Woah, woah. Slow down," you laughed lightly, giving the girl a cheeky smirk. "Okay, so Leo asked me to go on a date with him tonight. We're going out to some big fancy restaurant and I have no idea what I'm gonna wear," she told you, looking very timid.

"Oh my god, this is amazing! We have to go shopping," you yelled, clearly excited. "Okay, let's go!" she smiled, before the two of you prepared to leave.

Meanwhile, Jay was in headquarters, looking for your pen. "Where are you, pen?" he asked out loud to himself, before feeling a sharp pain in his left hand. He winced, looking down at it. He had pricked his palm on the fang of the fangpyre. He shrugged to himself, before continuing to look for the pen. He found it and went to return it to you, but when he realized you weren't there, slipped it into his pocket until you got back.