the snake king. part two

season one, episode six, part two.

Cole drove the monster truck, whilst you sat in the passengers' seat beside him. "I swear if Lloyd isn't there, I'm gonna murder Kai." you declared, obviously not meaning it. "I don't object to that." Cole chuckled, giving you a side-eye glance.

"Anyways, how've you been? Like, dealing with the visions and stuff?" he wondered sincerely. "I mean, nothing's actually happened since the nightmare I had, but we figured out something about how they're happening," you told him. He looked over at you but quickly averted his eyes back over at the road.

"Do tell," he urged, clearly intrigued. "My father has the power of darkness, right? And with that, he has the power to possess any being. Well, when I woke up from the nightmare, I was holding the flower that was in my vision, and that got me thinking - my father must have possessed me and taken me to the toxic bogs." you explained. Cole looked surprised, "But what does that mean for us?" he pondered, worry in his voice. "He said he was gonna make me kill you," you spoke truthfully, the words leaving a singe of sourness on your tongue as they left your mouth. "But you can fight his control, right?" Cole followed up. You looked at the road straight ahead of you, not knowing what to say. "I don't know, Cole. I really don't know."

。o○☆

YOU and Cole had made it to the arcade after riding the rest of the trip in silence. Cole reversed the vehicle back into his golden scythe, leaving both of you on the side of the road. "Okay, let's go find him." you declared, heading into the building with no hesitation. You and Lloyd had grown close since the five of you saved him from his evil ways, and if you were to lose him, you didn't know what you'd do. You walked into the arcade at a fast pace, eager to see him. But you couldn't, he was nowhere to be found. Cole came inside the building a few seconds after you. Obviously, he was taller and had a better view. "I can't see him anywhere." you blurted, a hint of panic in your voice. "It's alright, we'll find him," Cole reassured, placing a warm hand on your shoulder. You looked at him gratefully, before continuing your search.

It had been a few more minutes and there was no sign of Lloyd. "Okay, maybe he got hungry and went to a restaurant nearby. There's a Chen's just around the corner, I bet he's there." you tried to rationalize, but still had a gut feeling that he'd gone and done something dangerous. You began speed walking out the door and rushing down the street. "Hey, slow down, we'll find him. Let's call the others first." Cole prompted. You nodded and took out your phone, looking for the contact name 'human chili pepper.' As you can probably guess, that was Kai.

You held the phone up to your ear nervously, listening as the dial tone rang for what felt like forever until you heard Kai's familiar voice. "Hey, is everything alright?" he asked aloofly. "No, we can't find Lloyd anywhere. He's not in the arcade, but he might be down at Chen's. We're gonna check now, but we were wondering if you wanted to join us?" you explained as you waited for a response. "Of course, we'll meet you at the restaurant in five." Kai declared. You smiled to yourself, feeling slightly better about the situation. "You better. See you then." you asserted, before hanging up the call.

You looked up at Cole, giving him a small smile, "We're meeting them at Chen's." you announced, taking a deep breath. "Yay! I love that place, they have the best noodles," he said excitedly and began blabbering about the recipes. You placed your hands on your hips expectantly, staring up at him with a 'really?' look. He quickly stopped talking, "But anyway, we better get going. C'mon, let's go." he urged, beginning to walk. You and Cole roamed the next two blocks before spotting Chen's.

"There it is! I can't wait to try some of the puffy potstickers - it's my favorite! Uhm, but obviously that's not what we're here for." Cole said, feeling flushed as you stared up at him. "Man, you really love food, don't you?" you asked rhetorically. "My love for food is a deep-rooted passion, I would trade the world for it," Cole spoke dreamily, causing you to laugh. "Come on, we can't keep getting distracted!" you insisted, beginning to walk down the street once more. You saw the other three land close to the building, looking around for the two of you.