king of the shadows. part one

SOME time had now passed, and now the ninja were on a boat, floating towards the second golden weapon - the shurikens.

Great walls of ice surrounded them, all different shades of blue. The water was dark and mysterious, not being able to see more than two centimetres into the darkness. It was scary, yet perplexing at the same time. You were sitting on the deck, more specifically on the railing, dangling your legs off of the ledge. You could only focus on the gentle swaying of the water, and the sound of it crashing with the ominous floating pieces of ice. That, and you wanted to drone out Jay.

"So, Y/N, um, tell me about yourself," Jay said, after just finishing an excruciatingly long game of eye spy. "Huh?" You asked, not hearing what he said from where you were sitting. You turned around to see what he was doing. Cole and Jay were at the front part of the ship, whilst you were near the middle. Cole had his hands on the wheel, calmly swerving the boat away from a large piece of ice. Whilst Jay has bored eyes as he leaned onto the railing. Cole sighed, turning around to face Jay, "Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy." He said as coolheaded as possible.

Their short conversion was interrupted when a CRASH erupted from the front of the boat, and everyone jolted forward. "Woah!" You screamed as you fell off of the boat, but caught onto the railing. "Y/N! Are you okay?" Cole asked sympathetically. "I'm fine, just uh, don't do that again." You warned, easily pulling yourself back on. "Oh, I spy something broken." Jay said, recomposing himself, leaning into the side of the boat.

。o○☆

YOU walked over to Kai and Zane, your logic being that the further away you were from Cole and Jay, (mostly Jay), the less talking you'd have to endure.

Kai shivered from the frigid wind, "If Sensei knows the way to the next golden weapon, why isn't he steering the ship?" He asked, gesturing towards Sensei. He was in some sort of yoga pose, just, standing there. "Maybe he wants you to figure it out yourself? As some sort of independence lesson? I don't really know." You said, standing in between them. "We've been drifting aimlessly for miles." Kai complained once more.

"Sensei's wisdom is beyond my own." Zane agreed with Kai. "The most powerful move in spinjitzu can only be accomplished when all five elements have been combined: Earth! Ice! Fire! Lightning! Darkness!" He yelled, doing strange moves for each element. All of the others had gathered around, "What happens when they're combined?" Jay asked, clearly confused.

"The tornado of creation." His hands overlapped each other until a drink of steaming tea appeared in his hands. It made anyone's eyes widen, I mean, apart from yours, he'd revealed what the real trick was when you begged him to tell you. "The power to create something out of nothing." He vaguely explained, before walking away. He was stopped when he heard Kai reciting the motions, Sensei turned to face him, "No, Kai! If done correctly, it will lead to disastrous consequences!" He scolded him.

"Disastrous consequences, right." Kai ignores him, continuing through the motions. It was then that everyone jolted forwards, and another CRASH could be heard at the front. They all fell backwards and crashed onto the deck, as the sail above them froze. "Uh, it wasn't me." Cole said, putting his hands up in a surrendering style. "Did I do that?" Kai asked.

"No," Sensei dismisses him, walking towards the edge of the large ship. "We are here." He declared, and everyone examined the area around them, from the floor. Cole then noticed everyone on the floor and walked over. He put out a hand you, and you gratefully took it. "Thanks, Cole."

"Anytime, shorty."

"What? That's my new nickname? Shorty? How unoriginal!" You laughed, punching his shoulder jokingly. "Besides, I'm not even short! I'm a medium size person, you're just tall." You said, crossing your arms sassily. "It was either shorty or pint size, so you decide." He shrugged. "Shorty," you mumbled quietly, preferring that to the other. He smirked proudly at your response.