home. part one

season 1, episode 2, part 1.

YOU had woken up early, grateful after not having another nightmare. You sat up and yawned, before walking towards your bathroom and taking a quick shower. You walked back into your room, the air feeling much cooler on your bare skin - but obviously you still had a towel wrapped around you. You walked over to your dresser, pulling out your usual N/C gi and slipping it on, discarding the towel onto the floor. You looked into the mirror as you brushed your hair, a much happier look in your eye than the one yesterday. Opening the door, you walked outside your room. You began listening closely as you heard angry yelling coming from a room in the monastery. You rolled your eyes, knowing that they were still playing that damn game from yesterday. You threw open the sliding doors to the gaming room, (hoping that you wouldn't be hit with a flying pizza again), but to your surprise, no one was in there.

。o○☆

YOU walked into the front room with your eyebrows raised, the voices getting louder and louder. It took you a moment to realise that they were coming from the training grounds. You slid open the door, laughing in surprise as you tried to wrap your head around the fact that the boys were ACTUALLY training. The boys immediately froze, eyes trained on you. You crossed your arms, now leaning on the door as you eyes trailed over one boy to the next. "Good morning," Kai said cheekily. "I gotta say, I'm impressed. You guys actually listened to Sensei. Huh, never thought I'd see the day." you teased, squinting your eyes playfully. You walked fully outside and began to train, and the boys got back to their business.

。o○☆

ABOUT a half hour later, you hear the door being opened once more. There stood Sensei, frozen in place at the scene before him. He was impressed, you could tell. You watched as Zane then rushed past you, almost blowing ice into your face as you ducked, to stop him from freezing your face off. Zane continued to twirl around, stealing Cole's Scythe and using it to chop one of the dummy's heads. He then sped past Kai using spinjitzu, evidently freezing the floor as he did so. Kai slipped over and made a confused noise as he hit the ground. He looked over to see what had been the cause of his fall, noticing there to be a thick sheet of ice underneath him.

The four of you, not including Zane, ran over to Sensei. "This roof isn't big enough for the five of us." Kai complained. "Correction, this roof isn't big enough for him." Cole added, making you frown slightly. There is something off about Zane, but at least he's still trying to help save Ninjago. "It's like he's in his own world." Jay whispered, as Zane was quite close to him. "I bet he can't even hear us!" he now yelled, trying to get his attention as Zane remained ignorant. "Sensei, Zane's...weird." Kai finally said, the other two agreeing with him fully. "What is weird?" Sensei asked, intrigued in their wording. "Someone who is different, or someone who is different from you?"

"No Sensei, he's 'weird' weird." Cole explained vaguely. They began to tell their stories about all the weird things he had done, and you could also think of many instances. "I wasn't gonna say anything, but this one time, I was practicing my shooting outside, with my, ya know, very deadly bow and arrow and out of nowhere, he just walked straight past me and the target, I almost hit him!" you said, remembering the startling event very clearly. You looked over to Zane, watching as he bumped his head on one of the dummies, "We like the guy, he's really smart. He's just, uh..." Kai explained, trailing off as he couldn't find the words. "A little off sometimes, is all." you finished for him. "Zane is a brother, and brothers are often different. I should know." Sensei defended him wisely, to which you all gave a curt nod in response, not wanting to press on the subject.

。o○☆

YOU all continued to train, the ice from earlier melting, when you heard a loud crash, signifying that the mailman was here. "Mail!" The three immature boys yelled, making you roll your eyes at their childishness. The man sighed, "Let's see, a letter from Jay's parents, hm, Kai has a fan letter. Oh, something from Cole's father." The mailman said, handing out the packages as he said the names. "What, no package? I'm expecting something from Creatures, Beasts and Beyond." Cole wondered as the mailman fished for the package."Oh! Ha! Here it is." the mailman said, handing Cole the large package. The other boys thanked him, whilst Cole ran straight over to his dragon, as they began to walk back and opened their letters. Your eyes trailed over the words as you looked at Kai's letter from over his shoulder. You snorted every so often from the childishly words, clearly this letter was from someone quite young. In the corner of your eye, you saw Zane dragging his feet, looking down with a saddened look. "Guys." you whispered, pointing at the clearly disheartened boy. "Hey Zane, how come you never hear anything from your parents?" Jay blurted a little too suddenly. You facepalmed, that being the last thing you'd ever want to say to a sad person. What can you say, Jay's not such a good talker.