home. part two

season 1, episode 2, part 2.

YOU were now running through the forest, the air being much more bitter than you expected. The wind was whipping loudly in your ears as you ran, following Zane. Panting, you continued to run as did the other 3 that were lagging along behind with you. Zane was speeding through the forest, somehow remembering the path he took perfectly even though it was late last night, while you were asleep/passed out. He hadn't stopped for a single break. He wasn't panting, as were you and the others. It was strange to say the least.

He suddenly stopped, looking around for a few seconds. You and the boys immediately took this opportunity and ran towards him. "I don't even think Zane knows where he's going." Kai said through desperate breaths. "Have a little faith," you encouraged as you finally made it so that you were next to Zane.

"Uh, tell us again how you stumbled Lloyd's secret headquarters?" Kai wondered, gesturing to nothing in particular. "I followed a bird." Zane replied plainly. 'A bird? Really? I know i said to have a little faith, but maybe Zane has too much.' you thought to yourself, careful not to voice the sentence out loud in case of upsetting the boy. "Why, prey tell, did you follow the bird?" you asked, to which he answered, "Because it danced." you almost facepalmed. You had walked - ran - approximately 3 miles into a weird forest in the freezing cold because a bird danced? "Oh. Okay. Was it a cuckoo bird?" Jay joked, making the four of you, (except Zane of course), burst into a fit of childish sniggers. "Of course not. Everyone knows cuckoo birds are not indigenous to these forests." he explained quizzically. You raised an eyebrow at his peculiar answer, but before you could say anything, Zane continued running. You shared a look of pure confusion with the boys, before shrugging and running along with him.

。o○☆

YOU continued to run in silence, the only sound being everyone's short breaths lingering in the air. You could see the smoke coming out of your mouth from each breath. It truly was a frigid wind, I guess Zane's senses were correct. You finally reached the end of the track. Standing close to the edge of the hill, you looked down at the drop, making you gulp and step back. You weren't necessarily scared of heights, you just didn't want to fall - as any person would not. There was a cloak of thick fog covering the vast area in front of you, but you could just make out the shape of a treehouse. You heard Lloyd making orders in the distance, his loud voice bouncing through the sound waves. "Watch it!" he screamed. "No, bigger!"

"Come on, we don't have all day!"

"It's not time for a lunch break!"

"Holy shish-kebabs, frosty was right!" you exclaimed as you observed the fortress. Gotta say, for a 14 year old, that's kind of impressive. "We can't let that brat and those snakes get a foothold in Ninjago." Kai said, pointing towards the towering building. "We gotta destroy that thing before it becomes operational."

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold your fire." (pun intended ;)) You interrupted him, confused by this 'plan.' "Yeah, are you sure?" Jay asked. "It looks like a pretty cool treehouse. There's a rope course, oh, a tree swing-" he admired, his childishness really showing. "Hey. Remember who's team your on!" Cole yelled, breaking him out from his trance. "Alright guys, what do we do?" he asked as you all began thinking. "It looks like the entire thing is being supported by those three trees," Kai said, examining the large area. "So, if we cut down those ropes, the entire place will come crashing down like a house of cards!" you continued rather enthusiastically. It had sure been a while since you had worked as a team with others. "But why would one make a house of cards?" Zane asked curiously, "Such construction would be careless."

"Oh, brother." Kai sighed, rolling his amber eyes. "Travel in shadow, boys and uh... lady?" Cole said, running forwards as you and the others followed behind him. You hid behind one of the several trees, Kai looking at you and waiting for permission to execute the first part of the plan. After sending him a nod, he cut the rope, grabbing onto it as he flew up and landed safely on one of the multiple floors of the structure. Cole also hid underneath an elevator and held on as he was pulled up, whilst Zane and Jay climbed up a tree. Meanwhile, you found a loose rope, and used your bow and arrow to shoot it onto the side of the building, watching closely as it successfully pierced the wall. You tugged on it lightly, checking to see if it was stable enough before beginning to climb it. When reaching the top, you flipped and landed next to the four boys that were peeking through the small gaps in the wood.