rise of the snakes. part two

season 1, episode 1, part 2.

YOU had flown back on Kai's dragon, laughing and screaming as the dragon twirled upside down, making your grip on Kai grow even stronger. You outstretched your arms, feeling the clouds as you glided through them, making Kai chuckle from his place next to the reigns. But the small lasted happiness came to an abrupt stop when you felt a swirl of evil swim inside of your head. You felt as though something had happened, something bad. You decided not to tell the others as to not worry them and considering the fact that you had no idea wether it was just your mind playing games. 'Oh well,' you thought as you shrugged off the feeling.

"So then we all agree. The prophecy states that two of us will become the green and purple ninja, and the issue will not rest until it is decided." Jay said, walking toward the front gate. "May I suggest a tournament? Last two ninja standing are the best." Zane proposed as he trailed behind. "And will be declared the green or purple ninja! I love it!" Kai added excitedly, punching the air. "I mean yeah, but isn't that kind of unfair? Y/N over here has had at least two months worth more training than us." Jay explained, finding the odds unfair. 

"It's fine, i'll just sit out and make sure that you're all playing fair. I'm not that interested anyways." You brushed off the subject, the small feeling of evil lingering inside the pit of your stomach. "If you say so." Cole said, still mildly concerned about you. 

Jay pushed open the gates, seeing Nya trying to complete the ninja course. She was so close, by got hit by an axe last second. Jay let out a sheepish laugh, "H-hey Nya, closer to beating your brother's speed record?" he asked. "I'm getting there." she replied, rubbing the back of her head. You jogged over, before extending your hand and pulling her up. "Thanks. Heard what happened in town. Just a false alarm?" she asked.

"Yeah. Uh, but we're gonna need the space, sorry sis." Kai confirmed, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulder. Meanwhile, Cole pulled out all four helmets, throwing one at Jay that hit him on the back of the head, breaking his stare from Nya. 

You snorted beside him, trying not to laugh as he glared at you in the corner of his eye. Two matches, and then the winners of each will face off for which is green or purple." Cole said, dishing out the helmets to the four boys. "Armour's for our own protection. It's time to see what these babies can do." he finished, gesturing towards his golden weapon. "Hey Y/N, wanna stay and watch me mop the floor with them?" Kai asked eagerly. 

"Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'm gonna have some much needed girl time with Nya. That okay?" you said, turning down his offer. Nya nodded, "Sure! Maybe we could go down to Jamanakai Village? I've been needing to grab some groceries." She said as you two began to walk toward the gate.

。o○☆

KAI had a frown on his face after being turned down on an offer to watch him win. Cole laughed, punching Kai's shoulder gently. "She probably said no cuz she knew I was gonna win."

"Oh yeah? Or maybe it's because she thinks that you're gonna try to show off the whole time, like you always do!" Kai snapped back, pushing Cole away angrily. "Whoa Kai, I was just kidding, chill out man."

"Anyways, It's not my fault that you're such a love struck puppy to notice that she doesn't even like you." Cole hissed.

"Oh shut up. You're just mad that she doesn't go back with you on your dragon!"

"Well you weren't all that concerned when she pulled away from you back at Jamanakai Village! She looked really scared, but you didn't say a thing! At least I tried to talk to her!"

"BE QUIET!" Jay screamed, silencing the both of them. "You can't start arguing over a girl, from what I can tell, she only likes both of you as friends, so can we please JUST GET ON WITH THE TOURNAMENT!" He ordered, and everyone got into their positions without another word. "Alright, first up, Kai versus Jay."