never trust a snake. part three

season one, episode four, part three.

"L-LEO?" You asked, your voice trembling. The person stepped out of the shadows, revealing himself. It was him. Except it didn't look like him. He was more muscular, his hair had faded into a large cluster of auburn locks, his freckles had almost completely declined, yet there were still a few on his flushed cheeks. Without a second thought he ran up to you, embracing you, scooping you up in his arms for the first time in what felt like forever. Tears began to stream down your face, and you pushed him away. "You left me." you whimpered. "YOU LEFT ME!" You screamed, punching his chest as he tried to stop you. You were pulling back your punches. Of course, you could've hurt him if you wanted to, but you were just trying to show him what it felt like. "You left me!" you repeated over and over, your tears hot and never ending. "Y/N, stop, please. Let me-" he tried to explain but you interrupted him. "No! You left me, you left me, you left ME!" You shrieked. He caught your fists and forced them down by your sides. He cupped your face and wiped your tears. You stopped yelling at him and stared at the floor.

"Y/N, look at me." he ordered softly. You lifted your gaze from off the floor and looked at him. "I found my family. I found out where they were, what actually happened. My parents didn't divorce by choice, my dad was being blackmailed. I saved them. I got them back together. I have a family now. I'm so sorry that I left you. I know, I should've told you. I had been researching using the techie computers and- I found them. I had to leave. I had to save them. You don't have to forgive me, but believe me. I regret leaving you." He finished, hugging me close. I sniffled, giggling slightly, "You could've left a note, silly." You said, making him chuckle lightly.

"Wait. If you found your family, then why are you here?" You asked curiously. "I was waiting for you to come back to me." He replied, making you burst into tears once more. "I gave up on you. I shouldn't have, I'm so sorry." You cried as he placed one hand on your head and one around your back. "It's okay. We're together now and that's all that matters, okay?" He smiled, and you nodded in response. You sniffled, wiping your eyes. "We have a lot to catch up on." He laughed, making you laugh too.

"Wait- oh no. Okay um, long story short, I'm on a mission with my ninja friends and we're tryna stop this dude from kidnapping the entire school and we were all meant to go and fight him on the roof and I wanted to go through the attic window for the sneak attack but then I got distracted by you and now the whole team is probably fighting a giant serpentine all by themselves and they don't stand a chance so we have to go." You said quickly. "I understand nothing." He smiled, "But it sounds important so let's go." he finished, before climbing out of the window, you followed in suite. You ran onto the roof, spotting Lloyd and Jay. Jay appeared to be chasing Lloyd, but Pythor was no where to be seen. The bounty slowly lowered next to the roof, and Cole, Kai and Zane came through the large hole in the roof. "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, you come here right now." Sensei warned him angrily. "I got him," Jay said, grabbing him by the wrists and dragging him towards the ship, despite his obvious protest.

"Woah, woah, woah, who's this?" Kai asked, stepping in front of the rest of his group and pointing at Leo. "Everyone, this is Leo. My friend from my orphanage days." You explained. "Leo, meet Kai, the master of fire, Cole, master of earth, Zane master of ice and Jay, master of lightning. Guys, meet Leo." You introduced them. Leo gave a small kind wave, to which Kai rolled his eyes and the others gave a grimace of a smile. You gave them a look as if to say, 'what the hell is wrong with you guys?' Leo chuckled, "I don't think that they like me." he said as he turned to face you. "I'm sure they will, they just need to warm up to you." You reassured him.

"'They' is right here and 'they' wants to know what you're doing here." Jay sassed with his hands on his hips. "I was waiting for Y/N to return. It's a long story for another time." He laughed lightly. You looked up and smiled in admiration at your best friend. Even though the boys were being completely rude and disrespectful - which is something that you were going to confront them about later - he remained calm and brushed them off. "Well, maybe you could explain over dinner? We'd love for you to stay over for a few days." You offered, looking up at him. The boy's mouths dropped. They all stared in shock. "Right guys?" you asked, looking at them with a pleading smile. "Okay, I guess." Kai said, brushing him off completely. "I'd love to! I'll just have to message my mom and tell her- well- everything." he chuckled. "Okay, well, take off your socks and grab your crocs, cuz this is gonna be one bumpy ride." You smiled, before walking away. Leo's eyes followed you until you disappeared inside the ship. "'Friend.' Right, that's funny. What're you guys really? Boyfriend and girlfriend? Secret admirers? Friends with bene-" Kai began, but was cut off by Cole. "What my friend is trying to say is that you look like a lot more than 'friends.'" He explained, crossing his arms.