never trust a snake. part one

season one, episode four, part one.

- ZANE'S POV -

IT was an early, peaceful morning at the headquarters. I had just awoken from a nightmare about the falcon that appears to lead the team to good fortune. He was sitting on an electrical wire, staring out into the distance before his head snapped to face me. "Wake up, Zane. I know where you come from," he had said, before I immediately woke up. I tried to sit up, startled by the dream, but felt my head hit something. Of course, I forgot that I was in a bunk bed.

I climbed out of my bed, walking towards the main planning room in hopes of finding my friends. As I walked past one of the windows, I saw my falcon friend fly by, and decided to follow it to where it was going. I jogged into the main room, seeing Sensei and Nya. "The hunt starts early today," I explained, hinting towards the sun only just beginning to rise. "A watchful eye never sleeps." Sensei replied, looking away from his map. "As long as Lloyd and the serpentine roam freely, no one in Ninjago is safe." Nya added, slight frustration in her face. "Where are the others?" I asked after not seeing them in the bedroom, nor in the main room. "Training on the upper deck." Sensei said, as I proceeded to walk out and up the stairs.

I looked out onto the deck, but no one appeared to be there. That's when I heard my falcon cry from above me, and I looked up to him. He was standing on top of a pole on the far end of the ship. "You were in my dream, little friend." I spoke to him, to which he cocked his head slightly to the left. "Last time I saw you, you led me to good fortune. For what reason have you returned?" I asked him, slowly approaching. He looked up into the sky and flew away before I could utter out anything more. I stood at the edge of the ship, looking confused as he flew away out of sight. I then heard something behind me. It sounded like heavy breathing.

I looked in the corner of my eye to see if I could see anything, and to my luck, I could see a dark figure walking steadily towards me, trying not to be seen. I spun around, quick on my heel. "Lord Garmadon," I fumed accusingly. "But you were banished." I quivered, what had he done to the others? "Only to return for the weapons of spinjitzu. Soon, I will have the power to recreate Ninjago in my own image." Garmadon warned evilly, before rushing towards me. He slashed his swords, heading towards my legs, but I was quick to react as I jumped up and flipped over the top of him, taking out my golden shurikens as I did so. "Give me your shurikens of ice!" He growled angrily, waving the swords at me threateningly. "You'll have to take them from me!" I challenged, before using spinjitzu to speed towards him. But unfortunately, he caught me by the throat and held me above the ground, before throwing me several feet back. I hit the floor harshly, feeling the air being knocked out of my lungs. I felt the shurikens fall out of my hands, rolling across the floor and far away from my reach.

"So be it." Garmadon snapped, slicing the thin rope that was holding a crate just above me. The crate came falling fast, about to hit me as I closed my eyes, awaiting the impact; but it never came. I slowly opened one of my eyes, seeing the crate just hovering mid air, a purple mist surrounding it. I followed the floating trail, seeing it coming from someone's hands. It was the purple ninja!

Just as the thought ran through my head, another ninja dropped down beside him- or her. It was the green ninja, they stood fearlessly, staring at Garmadon with anger in their eyes. They looked close, maybe best friends or something. I had almost no time to think before the purple ninja flung the box over the edge of the ship using their powers, and I watched, mouth agape as it tumbled towards the sandy ground below us. "The green and purple ninja, the legend is true!" I whispered to myself in disbelief. Garmadon then scraped his two swords together, creating an awful noise. Garmadon flipped towards them, and they jumped towards him too. The green ninja punched his right hand, loosening Garmadon's grip on the sword. The purple ninja then snatched it out of his hand completely, discarding it onto the floor. The green ninja continued to fight him, whilst the purple ninja ran over to me, before grabbing my wrist gently and pulling me up with ease. He pointed over to the other side of the ship, trying to usher me away to safety. I stood for a second, unable to move as I stared at him. He was real. He pointed again, and I nodded before running away and looking once more. He ran back into the fight, doing a kickflip and hitting Garmadon in the face. The evil man stumbled back, but quickly got back up.