can of worms. part one

season one, episode five, part one.

THE next morning, you were awoken by the blissful chirps of the peaceful birds. You listened as they sang their song, stretching your limbs and yawning. You changed out of your pajamas into your A/C gi, before heading down to the kitchen for breakfast. As you walked in, a compelling scent entered your nose, of which you recognized to be pancakes. You looked over at the stove seeing Leo wearing Zane's classic pink apron whilst spreading melted chocolate onto a large, fluffy pancake. You almost passed out at the sight. You watched in amusement as he put 8 plates around the dining table, bringing out the knives and forks and even sauces. He then got out another 8 cups and took some apple juice out of the fridge. You stopped staring and skipped over to him. "Boo!" you whispered into his ear as he whipped around, spilling the tiniest bit of apple juice on the floor.

The both of you laughed, "Okay, you pour the drinks, I'll clean up the mess." you agreed, grabbing a paper towel and wiping the spillage from the floor. You put the tissue in the bin and walked over to Leo, helping him transfer the remaining cups over to the table. He wiped the sweat off of his forehead, sighing in satisfaction at his work. "Good morning," he greeted gently. "Likewise." you smiled, "I'm going to go and wake up the boys, I'm sure Sensei and Nya are already awake. I'll send them in." you explained, walking towards the exit. Before you could leave, you turned around, sending him a grateful smile whilst pointing at him, "Oh, and by the way, thanks." you smirked, before heading towards the boys' room.

"Rise and shine you bunch of hooligans!" you yelled out, making the four boys groan in annoyance. "Hooligans? Who even says that anymore?" Jay protested, reluctantly climbing out of his blue bed. "Apparently me. So, get up will ya!" you called to the other boys, and they finally got up, dragging their feet. Cole's face suddenly lit up. "Wait, wait- do I smell?-" he sniffed the air, "PANCAKES?" He squealed like a little girl as he dashed out the door, tripping over his own feet as he ran. You laughed breathily, shaking your head as a mother would do to her child.

You looked over at the others expectantly, waiting for them to go running. "Alright, we're coming." Kai chuckled. "I'm gonna go wake up Lloyd, see you guys in a sec." you smiled, leaving the room and walking down the long corridor once more. You knocked on Lloyd's door, hearing a soft, "Come in!" you entered the room as requested, seeing Lloyd sitting on his bed. You sat next to him, "How'd you sleep?" You asked the boy kindly.

"I slept great, thanks." Lloyd thanked you, "Considering the fact that Cole has just run past my room screaming the word 'pancakes,' I'm gonna assume that breakfast is ready?" he joked, standing up from his place on the bed. He walked over to a small mirror that had been placed on the wall upon his arrival. "Yep, just came in to make sure you were coming." you beamed, placing a piece of hair behind your ear. Lloyd finished up brushing his hair, placing the comb on the floor as it was the only place that he could put it. "Well if we're talking about pancakes here, then of course I am." he laughed, walking over to the door and opening it. He turned around to face you as you watched him from his bed. "You coming or what?"

"Oh yeah, sorry, I'm coming!"

。o○☆

BREAKFAST was great. The boys had almost completely backed off of Leo - well, almost - and you all got to talk to each other like civilized humans. All seven of you thanked Leo for the meal before departing. The boys went and did their own stuff, Leo and Nya were trying to work out the link between the three locations of the serpentine tombs whilst you and Lloyd had been set a task by Sensei. The task was to turn the ninja against each other, which Lloyd would have no problem doing. You were reluctant at first but ended up agreeing.

Lloyd's first target was Kai: He walked up to the gaming room where Kai was sat, just about to open up his favorite game. "Hey, Kai," he called, catching Kai's attention. "Heh. Saw Cole beat your high score. You should've seen it, it was pretty spectacular." Lloyd lied easily, whilst you cringed from behind the door, where you were out of sight. "Uh, you must be talking about 'Sitar Legend.' This is Fist to Face II. No one beats me on my game." Kai explained, easily doubting the boy.