the royal blacksmiths. part one

season one, episode nine, part one.

IMMEDIATELY after arriving home to the bounty, you snatched Nya's hand and practically dragged her into your room. "So, how'd it go?" you asked her, pure joy on your face. It only took a few moments, but a smirk soon fell upon Nya's face. "We kissed!" she squealed, whilst trying to be quiet. You giggled as though you were a boy-crazy girl from a movie, collapsing onto your bed.

"Oh my god! This is amazing- holy shitsticks!" you screamed. She shushed you, laughing uncontrollably. "Shh! We can't let Kai find out!" she warned, clearly blushing. "Wait, so, what happened when you left?" you asked curiously.

"I told him the situation and he said it was fine, and we can finish it another time," she explained happily. "I'm so happy for you!" you cried, pulling her into a tight hug. She laughed into your shoulder before the two of you let go. All of a sudden, there was a chorus of light knocking on the door. You walked over, pulling it open revealing a shy looking Leo. "Oh! Hey, Y/N," he smiled brightly, "Is Nya in there by any chance?" he asked. "Um, yeah. Nya!" you called her over, to which she instantly jogged over to the door. "Hey, Leo," the girl smiled. "What's up?" she asked, beaming up at him.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out and watch a movie or something?" he proposed. Nya turned around to look at you, "Would that be okay with you?" she asked, praying you would say yes. "I don't know..." you hummed playfully, watching as Nya's face looked slightly conflicted. "I'm kidding, go mingle! But not too much," you said, watching as Nya laughed and rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious! I don't want to have to look after some baby, even if it's cute," you humored, feeling both people begin to blush. "Y/N!" Nya whined, still laughing. "Okay, okay. You can go. I'll just stick around the house, have a conversation with a moth," you pretended to guilt her, but at that point, Nya just shook her head and left the room.

You left the room a few short minutes later, trying to find something to do. Then it came to you, why not train? You walked up on deck, ready to begin before noticing a familiar figure on the opposite side of the ship. It was Zane, and he appeared to be meditating. "Oh, hey Zane," you smiled at him, gaining his attention. He beamed at you, jogging over speedily as if you were going to walk away. "Hello, Y/N. A wonderful evening, is it not?" Zane asked warmly.

"Definitely. It's actually my favorite time of day," you confessed. "C'mere, let me show you something," you told him, watching as a look of confusion washed over his face. Before he knew it, you and him were standing at the edge of the ship, you leaning on the railing with your head sitting in your hands. "Look, over there," you marveled, pointing at the setting sun.

The red and orange sun began sinking its way into the depths of space. The tints of red, orange and pink that flooded the sky was a masterpiece. Although the sun was setting, the sky's colors turned even more rich and full. There was a small beach in the distance, the sea reflecting it's gorgeous pallet of colors. The last glimmer of the azure ocean looks like a thousand diamonds dancing on blue silk.

Zane gasped at the sight, his eyes drawn to the ravishing sun that was whisking away as the seconds passed. "Isn't it beautiful?" you wondered, your eyes drifting over the gorgeous, mind-warping view. Zane glanced at you, a conflicted look on his innocent face. "Yes, it most certainly is," he agreed, watching intently as your E/C eyes sparkling with fascination.

His eyes were drawn back over to the sun, sticking onto it for several minutes. He then winced and began rubbing his eyes. You looked over at him in surprise, grasping your attention. "What happened?" you asked, concerned for the scuffled boy. "I-I was just looking at the sun and then my eyes started burning," he explained cluelessly, causing you to laugh light-heartedly. "Oh, Zane. You're not meant to stare at the sun," you told him, struggling to contain your laughter. "You never fail to surprise me, frosty," you told him, before helping him up. You shook his head, grateful that he'd regained his sight.