Pain

The light diminished, showing a room with an old chair in the middle. It had many spots of rust. There were straps on each arm of the chair to keep the person in place. I remember every time they used it. It was ten times more painful than any beating the Bad Man could give me. Tears were streaming down my face, leaving trails of wetness on my dirt-covered face.

"Get in the chair, Kazan." The hulking man behind me said. I slowly carried my small frame towards the chair. My skinny, weak legs wobbled as I walked. I was doing my absolute best not to full-on cry, but small whimpers were escaping my mouth. I reached the rusted chair, and slowly turned around. I then pushed myself up into the chair that was much bigger than me. The metallic chair was anything but comfortable.

The hard surface, coupled with the uneven seat, made it incredibly uncomfortable. Another man entered the room. He merely called himself "The Doctor". He was a man that was also covered in shadow, and he also always wore a surgical mask for some reason. He then went over and ties the restraints around my small wrists on the arms of the chair. I fidgeted slightly, which caused the Bad Man to jump towards me. "DON'T MOVE, YOU SHIT!!!" I whimpered even louder. Tears were now pouring down my face. My breathing was uneven and quick. The Doctor then put a helmet on me that was connected to the chair. It was quite big on me, but the He ties a strap under my chin, keeping it in place. I knew what was about to happen. He then stuck two nodes on each side of my temple.

It was only a matter of seconds. The Doctor then walked over to a panel next to the chair. The Doctor then began pushing a few buttons and pulling a few switches. He then put his hand on a switch that resembled a breaker. This was it. I closed my eyes and held my breath. I screamed so loud in pain as he pulled the switch. It felt like my mind was splitting apart. My brain felt like putty. Every muscle in my young body clenched at the incredible pain.

I instantly woke up back in the cell. My muscles were all sore and weak. I could barely hold myself up. I then heard a female voice screaming in terror. She was saying things like "Let go of me!" or "I'll kill you!" They were obviously empty threats. She sounded a few years older than me. I crawled towards the door and looked through the bars. She was definitely older, but she was just a few inches taller than me. My head then began to throb, and I lost consciousness.

I woke back up in my apartment. I was sleeping in a pool of sweat. I was breathing very deeply. I looked at my clock, which read six o'clock. I stood up and walked out to the window. I looked out at the rising sun. The sky was a beautiful orange. I then looked at a manhole cover on the ground.

"Today is the day where it begins." I say to myself.