Encounter

While Saitama and Genos looked closer at the rubble, we overlooked the amazing landscape.

"Hey, Dad?" Jacob said.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"I heard something." He explained.

"Probably an animal." I responded as I looked at the rubble.

"Not an animal." Jacob immediately responded.

"What are you on about?" I groaned as I turned around to him.

"Look." He said as he pointed at some footprints. They looked like shoe prints. I knelt down to take a closer look. The tracks were rather slender, but they were really far apart. The person was making huge strides. I began following the tracks into the woods. "Are we just forgetting about the others?"

"Someone might've been watching us while Genos set ablaze a chunk of the planet." I explained as I slowly followed the tracks. The trees were getting slightly dense, and light was becoming darker. "Can you give me a light?"

"Use your own powers!" Jacob argued.

"Just do it." I groaned.

"Fine." Jacob submitted as his hand formed a bright purple ball in his hand.

"Besides, I don't know how to make bright balls with my powers." I told him.

"What can you do?" Jacob snickered.

"I could beat you in a fight." I chuckled. I then felt a gust of wind blow towards me.

"You joking?" Jacob chuckled.

"I told you that your powers are limited against other espers, and I would easily find weaknesses in your attacks." I explained.

"Once we're done scavenger hunting, I'm gonna destroy you in a fight." He laughed.

"Is that all you want to do?" I asked.

"Well... yeah." He answered. "What's more fun than that?"

"Have you ever has a real challenge?" I asked.

"No." He answered. "But I want to. Not much is a challenge."

"You and Tatsumaki should hang out." I chuckled. "You'd have fun with her."

"The green girl on TV?" He asked.

"Doy." I said. "Who else would have a name like that?"

"Yours is pretty weird." Jacob chuckled.

"Say what?!" I yelled as I stared into his eyes. "My name is awesome!"

"What kind of name is Kazan?" He laughed. "Your parents must really hate you."

"Yeah?! Well... what kind of... name is... Jacob?!" I said, half-heartedly.

"A damn good one." He chuckled.

"You're welcome." I grumbled as I began looking at the tracks again. "By the way, I will annihilate you in our fight."

"Well... my goal is complete." Jacob grunted as he stretched while floating.

"What goal was that?" I asked.

"My goal was to get you angry enough that you would go all out in our fight." He explained.

"Whatever." I grumbled. Suddenly, the tracks came to a stop. There were two footprints right next to each other. They gave a deeper print than the rest.

"They must've... jumped." Jacob said as he slowly looked up. I slowly followed his movements. Twigs suddenly began to break and a foot slammed into my stomach. I fell back and slammed into a tree. I heard grunts of a struggle from where I was.