Danger

Jacob

She was shorter than me. It was almost sad, how short she was. However... I wasn't fooled. The esper energy she gave off nearly gave me a headache from the pressure. I didn't think I could win... but I couldn't just let her take Dad.

"That's not very heroic." I smirked at her. "Killing a human." A vein popped out of her temple, and she gave me a sinister grin.

"I can tell..." she started. "...I can tell you aren't fully human. You're a partial monster. You're a hellspawn." I clenched my fists so hard that my nails dug into my palms. "Even your sharp teeth represent a monster. I'm surprised that no one has noticed how disgusting a hybrid like you is." Suddenly... my anger ceased. It turned into sadness. She was so... evil. I never told Dad this, but I've always been self-conscious of my odd features. She dug her fingers right into the wounds.

Tears began to drip down my cheeks. I put my hands over my face to hide it from view.

"Really?" The mean girl said. "That's all it takes?" I began to sob as I fell to my knees. Tears dropped through the slots between my fingers.

I then heard a gust of wind blow by me. I watched as the girl picked Dad up with her powers and began to fly away. I reached out with my hand... then flew.

I shot towards the girl. I grabbed a bundle of nearby trees with my powers and chucked them at her. I wrapped a shield around me as I got closer. She noticed me and the trees. She tried throwing us both away, but with the help of the shield, I was able to overpower her split power and get closer while the tress flew back to the ground. I got even closer to her. She was forced to drop Dad and shove me back to the ground with both hands.

The force that pushed me was so great that a chuck of the forest was disintegrated as I hit the ground. However, my main goal was completed. I got Dad out of her hands.

Kazan

I smashed into the ground. I was able to open my eyes and see everything around me. The ground shook and rumbled. I tried moving my arms. They were so unbelievably heavy. It's like I overworked all of my muscles ten times over, but I wasn't sore at all. I just seemed to weigh thousands of pounds everywhere. I was able to slowly pull my arms off the ground. The bones in my arms popped and stretched.

I rolled over and tried pushing myself up. My arms shook as I pushed up. I was gaining some strength in my arms as I continued pushing myself up. I grunted as I began planting my feet below me. My legs felt like jelly. I wobbled crazily as I tried standing on my legs. I began to lose balance and was forced to lean on a nearby tree.

"What have I discovered about myself?" I asked myself. "Why haven't I released this before? There were tons of situations that could cause that. Maybe... I had a mental block built up that prevented me from unleashing it until now." I let go of the tree to try and gain strength in my legs. The ground shook again. Trees began to levitate, and the wind began to pick up. I stumbled again, but I was able to keep my feet. There were thunderclaps of speed sounded above the trees. Jacob and Tatsumaki were fighting. I needed to quickly gain my strength. Jacob was going to really get hurt if I didn't get him out of there quickly. My powers were almost nonexistent. This wasn't going to be easy. I began to walk through the bundle of trees to try and find an opening. The ground shook violently every few seconds.

The wind began to pick up so much that the wind cut a slice in my cheek and began to lift me and the trees into the air. I reached above the trees still in the ground and saw the wasteland that had been created. There were tons of craters around me. It was clear Tatsumaki was the cause of the wind.

Jacob wasn't in good shape. Tatsumaki wasn't even scratched, further proving that she was just messing around when she fought me. Jacob was bloody and bruised in many spots on his small body. His clothes were torn and dirty.