Chapter 13: Toys

He pulled off the streets and I was presented with a huge fairytale like estate. I didn't have to think to know that the property would be worth more than my parent's life savings combined. Not that I care but I can't help but be amazed by the grandeur as I kept my eyes fixated on it, taking in every house we passed by. The decoration was top notch and the security was so tight that I could bet a fly couldn't go in unnoticed.

      He parked the car at a nearby parking lot and got out and I also followed suit, unbuckling my seatbelt as I strode out. His house/ villa appeared larger compared to how it looked from the car and I admired it as I walked.

      I didn't realize I was in a trance until Edward called my name. I shifted slightly before jogging to where he was standing. He didn't seem at all surprised and just tucked his hands in his pocket as he walked peacefully.

     I watch his back as he walked and at that moment I felt a faint sense of familiarity. See? I haven't even gotten to see the toys and am seeing the signs already.

     I waited behind him as he keyed in the password and the door automatically opened to reveal an elegant yet minimal interior decorations. Different art pieces by famous artists were hung on the walls and I could swear it must have burned quite a lot of money.

      "Here" He said as he opened the door to the room opposite the dining.

     The room was quite big with a single bed positioned at the center. It was neat and tidy and I could tell at one glance that it had been cleaned today.

     He gestured me to sit on the bed and I did so almost immediately as I waited for what was coming next. I spotted a box lying in a corner and I restrained myself from going there to check. As if he could read my mind, Edward brought forth the box and emptied the content on the bed. It without doubt contained my toys.

     To my utmost surprise, I didn't feel any sense of familiarity when I saw it. I even tried racking my brain trying to remember where I had seen the dolls from but I just couldn't.

    Dejected, I forced a smile but still remembered to say my thanks as I stood up, telling him that I had to go.

    He must have noticed that I was sad because he tried to make me stay a little longer but I insisted on leaving before dinner with the excuse that my parents would be so worried if I wasn't home before dinner.

      He still insisted and I couldn't help but walk myself to the door. I was already outside when I realized something important. His house is so big that I would probably get lost  without his guidance.

    I stubbornly sucked it in and made my way out. I decided to call him when I couldn't find my way out after circling a particular garden a few times. I could hear his smile from the other end as he insisted that I had to stay for dinner before he could take me out.

    Gritting my teeth, I agreed to it reluctantly as I swore I would make him pay for it. When was the last time I was treated like this? I wanted to be mad but I couldn't because that little voice kept whispering that I have never been treated this good.

...

    If preparing me dinner is him leaning on the counter while chatting with God knows who as the nanny worked her way around the kitchen then I'd rather have something made by shayne at least her burnt offering is better than Edward's nonchalant attitude. I had to keep reminding myself that he was the one who insisted on me having dinner and not the other way round.

      After much dawdling around, dinner was finally served and my mouth was left hanging agape at the sight that was before me. His nanny went all out to prepare such a delicious meal and saying that I was impressed is an understatement.

    For a food lover like me, I could kill to be in Edward's position so even though I made sure I appeared reluctant, I didn't hesitate before wolfing down as much as my hands could reach.

  I was sure Edward was probably staring at me at this point but I didn't care. After eating to my fill, I grabbed the tissue that was nearest to me and wiped my mouth elegantly. I was about to say my thanks when I noticed Edward's eyes on me. That was when I realized he had never stopped looking at me to the point that his food was left untouched.

    I shook my head and silently chided myself for having close to no self control over food. Regardless, I still remembered to remind him that I had satisfied his request of having dinner and it was his turn to fulfill his end of the deal.

    Shrugging, he reached for his car keys and accompanied me to the car before dropping me off at home.

....

    Tossing and turning on the bed, I couldn't sleep as my thoughts went overdrive. Groaning, I stood up and turned on the lights, quietly making my way towards towards my safe. Keying in the digits, I brought out my diary when it rang before closing it back.

    *hyp 4: I didn't have any reactions to the toys. It was clearly a part of my past life but I didn't react to it. Why? Did I hold no importance to those toys back then?

      I tried to think but I still couldn't come up with any reasonable conclusion. Who said I had to remember when I saw the toys? A light bulb went off in my head and I quickly picked up my phone from the nightstand.

     As expected, there was no new messages from 'the unknown' but that isn't the point. Even though it didn't display any information about the sender, does that mean others couldn't find out who it was? I smiled at the idea as I bit the cap of my pen. Why am I so smart.. Hehe.