Chapter 34 : Insane

Third Person P.O.V

"It isn't anything serious. She fainted due to shock. I am guessing she saw something that triggered her memories. Didn't I warn you against it Daniel? Her situation is special, and I have told you multiple times not to let her have contact with anything that can trigger her past. An elementary school yearbook? So much for someone who has to deal with top secrets every day."

 The doctor kept nagging, like a father chiding a child and Daniel could do nothing but hang his head in worry. He had been told before that her situation was special and that he should try to keep the past away from her.

 Because of that, he had her school changed, the house renovated, restrained her from leaving the house, having friends and placed a strict rule on her. He had even gone as far as blocking 'the unknown' from getting through to her phone, and it took two top hackers from China to do that.

 He had also kept his investigations hidden from her and wouldn't even try to reminisce the past in front of her. The childhood pictures became a taboo in the house because of that and the Family room was always locked.

 But the more he tried to restrain her, the more she attempted to break free. It was, tiring having to deal with work and having someone keep tabs on her. However, her being able to enter the family room was another question on its own as the door was always locked and the only person who had the keys besides him was Kara.

   But Kara had been working for them for too long for him to have doubts about her, and she had also been the one to call when she saw an unconscious Cather lying on the cold tiles. It could also be said that he viewed Kara as a trusted one, and would sometimes confide in her even with matters regarding his wife, and she had never shown impure intentions towards him, not one bit.

 "I will tell you one more time, the more she gets triggered by the surrounding things, the more she would keep having flashes. Am afraid she would have to be bedridden for a while. She is the most sensitive to things or people during this period, so it will be best if she could go somewhere else to 'recuperate'. Somewhere foreign to be precise. " He advised, he also knew it was difficult as Daniel was a lawyer, and he naturally had enemies everywhere. There was no safe place for her except home.

   The matter was tricky and even Daniel who was a lawyer found himself fretting over the issue. There were a lot of things that Cather was in the dark about, and it was all for her own safety.

 But why? Why did she have to be so stubborn?

...

 "Hello, Mr Collins, the representative from The Clouds is finally here. Are you to come to the office immediately, or I should arrange a place for you to meet up? " It was his secretary on the phone.

 It was supposed to be good news but because of what just happened, he didn't feel anything. He didn't want to leave his daughter, neither could he pass this opportunity up as it was a hot piece of cake, and he had been working towards it for a long time now, and it would also serve as a push for his career, so all in all, he had to be there.

 He told his wife, cherry about it and since they were in the same line of work, she naturally had no qualms about him leaving. Even though something bad had just happened to her daughter, she was still rational and could differentiate between right from wrong.

 With a quick goodbye peck, he rushed to his study to get some documents before the honk of a car could be heard from outside.

 All the Façade of being strong left her as soon as her husband left, and she collapsed on the cold tiles, silently crying against her daughters bed. The doctor had said to speak to her husband personally and out of curiosity she eavesdropped.

 According to the doctor, if these situation keeps recurring, then there was a big chance that, Cather might lose her rationale and go insane. Which mother would wish that upon their own daughter? She regretted always leaving for work early and decided she would be better off as a stay at home wife.

 But a lot were going on in her husband's company, and she just can't abandon it, plus she wanted to be there with him, accompanying him with his every fight.

 It wasn't until the third day that Cather woke up and her parents were all smiles as they had initially gotten the fright of their lives when she didn't wake up after a day and even her brother that always treated her as nonexistent, cried as he thought she would never wake up again.

....

 Cather's P.O.V

I woke up to a splitting headache and I groaned, rubbing my head groggily.

I had a dream, a very long one. In that dream, I was underwater with my hands and legs tied and no matter how hard I wiggled, I couldn't get out of it. I kept sinking and tried to fight for breath many times but the more I did that, the more the oxygen supply reduced.

 Finally, I stopped resisting and succumbed to fate, if I was going to die here then so be it. But that wasn't until I heard someone call my name.

 "Cather!! Cather!" It was precisely my mother's, and I looked around, trying to find out where her voice was coming from.

 "Daniel wake up my daughter. I thought I saw her fingers move." I heard a coarse voice say, and I kept looking around. I was getting scared, where was the voice coming from?

 Suddenly I felt someone shake me and I opened my eyes. I was surprised when I saw my parent's worried stricken face instead. But why would they be in my room? .

 There was nothing strange, I was still in my room, on my bed, but I immediately knew something was wrong when my mom's arms came crashing into mine.

 Confused, I awkwardly wrapped my hands around her too, and I felt a wet substance drop on my shoulder. At first, I didn't take it seriously, but when it started pouring, I became sure that it was tears.

 But why would she be crying? Could it be that something bad happened?