Chapter 18: A Perfect Sight

It was my first time tutoring and I had thought I would be nervous at first, but surprisingly I wasn't. We were seated in his backyard garden with me busy scribbling down some math formulas inside his jotter and him pretending to listen. Trust me I have got good eyes and I can see how bored he looked.

 15+39-8= 46. Calculus is not as hard as you think. Once you get the process right the rest is easy." I explained and further wrote down more exercise for him to work on. I loved the fact that he was very obedient and didn't need to be taught over and over again before grasping the point.

    With that, I finally had some time to breathe, so I rested my chin on one hand and watched him solve the problem. By the looks of it, Calculus was no longer a problem and I felt relieved, since that proves that I was really a good teacher.

   I took my time to look around and was really amazed at the skillfulness of the gardener. The flowers were cut into different shapes and animal forms and I couldn't keep myself from taking a selfie. Then I posted it on my Snapchat moments with the caption 'A perfect sight'.

 I wasn't that popular on Snap or any other social media platforms but the little over three views I have was enough. Since I wasn't that social in school there was no way I could expect more.

    Seeing that my regular viewers which were Shayne, Becca and Marcus had seen it, I deleted the picture and logged in to a novel reading app and continued reading from where I left off. I loved the story because the female lead was very imposing, arrogant and rebellious which of course is one of my criteria to finding a novel to read.

....

   Annoyed, I looked out the window not wanting to talk to Edward. In case you are wondering how I ended up in his car and not on my bike, here is what happened.

     Edward insisted on walking me out which was totally cool with me since I knew it was going to take me a few days to get familiarized with the compound. He had asked me if I came here by taxi and I replied no then he asked how I was going to get back home and as much as I would have loved to tell him to mind his business, I couldn't reject his kind gesture, so I explained how I got here on my bike.

    He became curious for a while and gave me a good about fifteen minutes lecture on how reckless I was and how I could have killed myself by riding on such a slippery road.

   Of course, I wasn't having any of it since he was not my mom or dad and apart from the title of our so-called childhood friendship and tutoring there was nothing else between us. However, I didn't voice that out loud as I listened to his unreasonable accusations.

   Okay to be honest he was completely right, and that was my problem. I felt he shouldn't care as much as he does.

   "I know am wrong. But you can't just give me the talk like am a freaking adult and I can make my decisions myself" I felt like I needed to remind him that we were considered age mates, or maybe he might be a year older than I am but that's all, there was no need for him to start acting like a grown up ass in front of me.

 "You know you're wrong? What's the problem with you girl I am saying it all for your own good".

 well as you can see, I would so much prefer it if you could be quiet"

 "Ok fine. But there is no way you are going back on this thing".

 "Well there is no other way I can. Moreover, why do you care".

 "I wouldn't want you to implicate me when you get into an accident."

   "Don't worry the last person they would think about when that happens is you"

 "Well I insist

"You can keep arguing with yourself then I retorted, rising my bike in the process. I was about to sit on it when he closed in on me and pulled my hand. It took so much stamina for me not to fall down, and I glared at him.

  He didn't meet my gaze and just kept dragging me, before shoving me inside the car. I knew he was fuming mad now, and I also wasn't in the mood to argue. So with that I harrumphed before turning to face the window.

   When we hit the streets, I finally understood his point because the air outside was now freezing but I refused to admit it. There is no way I can't manage just fine in it. Right?

    We finally arrived at my house, and he parked at a very obvious spot outside the fence, and after I got out he also got off after me. I stared at him confused and later realized what he meant when I saw the adorable puppy dog look on his face. Did I just say adorable? No no. No way. There is no way I was inviting him inside. Besides, I was still mad at him.

   Completely ignoring him, I angrily stomped off without looking back. My parents were already home which was unusual but unusual was very common in their dictionary, so it wasn't surprising.

   Taking off my tennis, I slipped into my fluffy slippers that was left at the

 They were sat together on the sitting room sofa, with junior in the middle enjoying what seems like there once in a year movie night.

They always watched Journey to the west since it was Junior's favorite so far and if I were to count this should be the sixteenth time they would be watching that movie, and it is funny how my dad always becomes surprised whenever the scene moves to where they found out that the king had been the one kidnapping the kids all the while.

 "Am home" I announced lazily, making my way up the stairs when I saw my dads raise one of his hand up, acknowledging me.

    Mentally shaking my head, I walked the flight of step as fast as I could and shut my room door after I got in. I had forgotten to close my blinds before leaving and was about to do so when I noticed a red car and by the looks it was Edward's. Why was he still here?

     I was about to move closer when I heard my door bang open and I couldn't think of a better culprit other than Junior.

   "Hey, Brother" I greeted when I saw he was indeed the one as I tried to hide the shiver in my voice. It wasn't that I was feeling guilty, but I wouldn't want him thinking something else when he sees the car, and I am unable to give him a proper explanation.

FACADEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें