Chapter 21: The Analysis

With a mug of hot chocolate in hand, I sat down on my study chair and unlocked my diary with the designated pencil. I have been so busy these days that I didn't even have time for myself anymore, but that was reasonable since tutoring Edward wasn't as easy as I had first viewed it.

 Unfolding the paper, I spread it with my hand since it had somehow become crumbled due to being in my pocket for so long. The writing was still the same and if one looked well one could notice that the person might have taken calligraphy lessons or was just gifted.

 The other point was that the writing varied with the paragraph, which could also mean it wasn't a person alone. I counted it to be three paragraphs and the three's writing differed greatly. It might also be that the person was very skilled which brings me back to the fact that the person might have studied the art of pen.

 If that was the case, I had somewhere to continue looking from. The person is very good with the computer, attends our school and studied calligraphy at a very young age. Probably from age three to eight because to be so skilled at it, one must have practiced for a very long time. Of course, the fact that he or she might be naturally talented cannot be overlooked.

 Finding this so-called unknown is no simple task, I thought as I kept reading the letter to see if I could get another clue. I analyzed it again and looked into it one after the other.

 * Don't mind me I don't write letters often. This part was confusing but no matter how much I stared or how many times I read it I couldn't get what was wrong with it.

    * I must say you're so feeble and slow. You weren't even able to find out if it was an accident or not...

From this point, I assumed that this person was someone who knows me too well or had at least been spying on me. The funny thing is, I was particularly sensitive to sounds, so there was no way I wouldn't know if someone was stalking me, unless... The person knows me too well.

 I shivered at the realization and looked around fearfully. I suddenly understood this was no longer a prank. Since I had been socially inactive all these years, I could say surely that the person I had communicated with the most over the years was only Becca and Shayne. Now Edward and maybe Kennedy. Even the four of them were kept at arms length and I could swear that I had told no other person about the recent happenings.

 But Kennedy? I shook the thoughts off as soon as it arose. Kennedy is a very nice girl, straightforward and not pretentious. Moreover, our meeting was mainly from my part, and I was sure if I didn't reach out to her, she wouldn't even know I existed.

 That. Didn't she say she had been investigating me? I started suspecting now that she might be the one sending the letters because the first time I met her, she didn't look surprised, in fact she looked like she had been expecting me beforehand. The more I thought about it, the more I doubted myself and at the same time thought it might be true.

 The unknown was right, I had been deviating from the main plan, even if she was the one, I knew definitely that the person meant no harm, but I could tell the person had a hidden motive.

 Frustrated, I resisted banging my head against the table as more assumptions stated coming up in my head.

 "Kennedy" I said as I wrote the name down on the diary. This was the sixth name I would be adding to the list. The rest consisted, Becca, Shayne, Jenny, Marcus and Edward.

 Yes Becca and Shayne are my friends but like I said, I trusted no one. It wasn't like I was accusing them, I was only putting them up for trial and whether they are related or not would determine my next step.

*Tssk. I guess you aren't as capable as I thought and ooh your dad's got a clue, and he is desperate to find the culprit but you? How about I give you a hint.

 This was the line I didn't want to hear the most. I knew my dad with his wide range of connection would have at least found out something about my accident, but what annoyed me the most was his attitude of being tight-lipped about it. I knew I had to approach him tonight and hear from him.

It was my choice to decide whether I want to fully involve myself in this situation, but him making the decision for me was out of line. If there is something I hated the most, it was not having control over my own life but sadly, that was exactly what had been happening since I first got the message.

 *Do you think your memory loss is related to your accident or is it not? Haha! Am just making assumptions. Ooh! I have got to warn you, do not try to find me I really hate people disturbing my peace. I hope there won't be a second time. And yeah Marcus is not a bad idea.

     If what she was saying was true, then Marcus was also up for investigation.

   The information was too much for me to handle, and I knew I needed time to think everything over, and it needed to be tonight. The unknown was right I was too slow and my lack of effectiveness was causing me to draw myself more doubts.

 If things went on like this, I might just one day wake up with no idea of whom I really am. Is it the me who has lost all memories of what happened during her childhood or the me who is living now?

 ...

  Third Person P.O.V

If Cather had looked out the window at that time, she would have noticed a black Lamborghini outside their compound.

It was parked in the most discreet part of the street and the person seems to be able to see what was going on in her room.

If she hadn't rushed into the washroom and instead looked through her physics textbook carefully, maybe she would have seen the camera hidden inside it, or maybe she would have not since the other was very careful and meticulous.

  The camera was very macro, and it could only work for thirty minutes after putting it on. The person who fixed it there had aimed to get her safe password but unfortunately, luck had always been on Cather's side.

With Cather's back facing the camera, from the laptop screen, one could see her putting the diary back into the safe and with a slight push, the door locked after.

She yawned as she walked to where the switch was and switched off the light. The Camera immediately lost connection and the person watching from behind the scenes, smirked.

Cather was right where she needed her, and she was right, the person wasn't really stalking her, but everywhere the person knew she would pass, there would be this type of macro cameras installed plus this person had been studying her for the past twelve years, so it was only right that she knew this much about her.

But who. Who is this mysterious person? Here is a hint, it is a female.