Chapter 68: A terrible event

Background Song: Any sad song you like. I'd prefer hello by Adele

       “ Death is when the heart has left the body. But does it feel like it? It feels like the body would stand up and tell me “Am alright. Cry no more”

                         💖🎸

        Fox Ruby, died on December 23 ,11:54 Pm.

        Jenny cried out like her heart was ripping apart and I patted her, assuring her that everything will be alright. The truth is, I don't know that ,all I know is that this situation will break Jenny because her father is the only one she trusts.

       She was seated on a chair beside her dad and I was right beside her. She had bandages wrapped around her forehead and arm as she had suffered a fracture and her dad was severely injured before he was pronounced dead. He suffered the most from the accident because he ran head on into the bus.

          “Bey she..Killed...She killed him”She gasped, pointing to the door

         “Who killed him?”

         “That girl Bey. She knew what she was doing.She had that evil laugh plastered on her face when he was about to hit her. it wasn't an accident cat it was intentional.”

      Oh my God she must be seeing things. This might be as a result of the tremor.

      “ I know. I know.”I assured although knowing that that wasn't the truth.

      His brakes were messed up with and a reckless pedestrian walked right into the car. She must have stayed as a result of the shock and Jenny's father's inability to control the brakes made him take a turn just like I advised and ran into a bus. That was what happened . It happened right in front of me.

          Jenny didn't know that.She thinks it was intentional and if she goes on like this things might go wrong. I think she might be going through an emotional stress.

...

    It's been a week after the incident .Jenny didn't talk to me, neither did Rose. They both casted me out completely. I felt used. Although I had tried to explain to Jenny on many occasions that her father's death was simply an accident from his side,she insisted that the girl who we later found out that her name was Sheebah killed her dad. She said it was intentional.

      I got to know sheebah after the accident. I met her at the hallway on my way to the cafeteria. I had never noticed her neither did I know that she attended my school. We ran into each other and the book I was holding fell down. I recognized her face when she bent to pick it up.

        We became friends after and it'd be pretty ironic to say that I asked her about the accident. She  had lost her parents in a car accident on her birthday night. Let's say I became friends with her because I pitied her and because i had nobody to hang out with. I kept the matter away from her because I figured it might ignite some things inside her and might affect her mentally.

    However Jenny and Rose were the opposite. Rose ate up Jenny's claim and since I was a no go area for them,they kept me out of the case.

      I had an hearing to attend today. I am going there as a witness to the accident that happened to Jenny's father. I might seem wicked but there is no way am letting an innocent person take the blame. There is no way she is going to prison because she is a minor but she might be sentenced to years in Mental asylum.

        Killing the engine,i moved nervously out of my car and grabbed my coat from the backseat. I just hope this whole shit doesn't go wrong.  Although the courthouse was a minute trek from where I parked my car,i had a feeling that it was worth it.

    I started rethinking my decision when the hair on my neck began to rise. 'Someone is Following me'.
..

         I woke up on a chair,with ropes tied around my hands and leg. Trying to shake in order to escape,i struggled with the cover on my mouth,trying to bite it out with my teeth but it was completely useless. It was tied in a way that even if I tried,i wouldn't escape.

        With my mind wandering off to different places, a tear slid down my face as i had an idea of who could have done this. The cologne was of that of a man but that doesn't mean the person couldn't have hired a hitman to perform the job.

      Now that I come to think of it. It's either Jenny or Rose that must be responsible for this and that's because they would want to keep me late or better still away from the court. I felt pained , knowing that the innocent girl might be charged to years in a mental asylum but that's for her own good isn't it?

       My inner conscience kept telling me this isn't right. Thinking of ways to escape,i tried screaming but my voice only came out in muffled sounds. If only there wasn't a blindfold around my eyes.

      There was nothing in my hands that I could use to break free and if am going to keep doing like this, there's no way am getting to court in time. Using all my strength,i pushed the chair backwards , until i hit a wall then hit the chair repeatedly on it. I was expecting it to at least crack or break since it was a wooden chair but I guess the way it proved to be abortive made it wallproof. I can't save you sheebah. Am sorry. .

....

    I woke up to white sheets, comfortable and fluffy. I wondered if I had been rescued or it all had been a dream. How I wish it were a dream. Opening my eyes,i tried to stand up but wasn't able to. My muscles were weak. This isn't my bed and I am? Wait where am i ?

         The door opened and in came a nurse holding a notepad in hands. She was scribbling down some things on it that she didn't notice that I was awake. She rushed forward when she did and touched my forehead. She heaved a sigh of relief.

      “How do you feel now?”She leaned forward to touch my forehead once more but I gave her the look. She instantly registered what I meant and held back her hands.

            “Where am i and why do I feel broken ?” I asked trying to get up once again but failed.

           “ an hospital. Wait I'll call your parents ”Was all she said before heading towards the door.

                           💖🎸

     AND that ends the journey to her past.  Hope you enjoyed it? Now let's look into the future..

Remember to vote comment and share. Bring it in pearls

@Princess