Chapter 72

Love isn't about going on dates, kissing on streets, holding hands, saying I love you, eating cotton candies on the roadside. It is about a true heart that beats as long as you are beating that loves as long as you live and have plans for a lifetime with you. "

         Background song: Dive by Ed Sheeran

                       💖🎸

             A year had passed now since the thing between Marcus, Andrew and i happened and after, Marcus apologized to me. Of course he didnt do it directly, i found his apology letter lying on the floor when i opened my locker.

        ~To Cat

                                Am sorry for acting the way i acted last week. After days of self isolation and a lot of thoughts i realized that you were right and i was wrong. You were right for proving me wrong , For making me realize that the bond between you and andrew is unbreakable. After countless crumpled papers, i finally realized that i can't force you to love me even if that was what i wanted. i didnt ask for too much did i?  All i asked or wanted was your love and i guess it was so hard to give. When that guy breaks your heart, remember i will always be there for you. I'll be your shield, umbrella and sword. You can take as much time as you'd like even eternity. Just know that i'll always be there for you and please dont leave me hanging.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Marc

     The letter was touching and heartbreaking at the same time. For a while i couldnt still bring myself to believe that it was Marcus who really wrote that letter. He sounded so vulnerable but it was just what i needed.

       i had let bygones be bygones and i and Marcus remained friends although he'd hint me once in a while that his feelings for me are still intact. I didn't read much to it because i'd be digging my grave if i did.

     Andrew and his mom resolved their differences and thanks to my mom, the relationship between his dad and his stepmom was on the verge of breaking.

     Flashback One year ago

    My mom had invited andrew's family over for dinner, the night before i was kidnapped. Although the dinner couldn't take place that friday because she was emotional, she still insisted that they should come over so the date was rescheduled to the next Sunday. I tried persuading her, bringing up all sort of lies but it all fell on deaf ears and with that andrew had no other choice than to inform his parents. it was a shocker that his stepmom had agreed to it and most importantly his father.

      On that day the unimaginable happened. The moment his parents set their eyes on mine silence befell everyone. They were both awestruck. My mom watched with a knowing look and my father regained his composure and greeted his father like they were long time buddies. I and andrew stared at each other both shrugging our shoulders indicating that we were clueless.

   At last the drama ended and they took their seat. I noticed something was wrong when Andrew started losing the glow he had earlier on.  His eyes looked like its going to pop out of it socket anytime soon and i used that opportunity to kick his legs under the table

     Giving him that 'whats the problem?' look he sighed and shook his head giving me a not so friendly smile.At that instance i knew something was wrong. I looked at our parents who suddenly found their food more interesting than starting a conversation before looking back at Andrew. Of course he was still staring at that GOddamned phone. I resisted the urge to kick him once more and furiously typed