Chapter 63: Help

Background song: Freaky Friday by Chris brown and Ed Sheran

       “its funny how sometimes everything falls in place just by trying

                          💖🎸

            Moving my lazy feet down the stairs, I sighted my mom in the kitchen frying eggs. I snuck back upstairs, not wanting her to suspect that I am awake.

             Making sure that I was as quiet as I could be, I grabbed a pleated skirt and a long sleeve shirt and put it on before matching it with a pair of sunglasses I had bought on one of those family shopping day with an intention of not wearing it at all because I was forced by my mom. She had a thing for Luis Vuitton that when she sees any product, she gets attracted to it and she would buy me unnecessary stuffs that I wouldn't even think of wearing. Not in a million years I think. To my advantage, she buys a lot of it that she doesn't even remember which is which. I brushed my hair and applied foundation beneath my eye where I noticed a blackish color. I'll probably need a lot of those to hide it next time.

                I could hear my dad and junior's voice from downstairs which means they are awake. Since my dad is an easy type,my major focus is my mom. She is such a hard target. I wonder how much convincing I will have to do for her to allow me to step out of the house.

         Shaking off my thoughts, I walked downstairs and as predicted, Junior and Dad were already awake and they are dressed too. My dad in shorts and a sweater and junior in a white top and shorts.

           “Good morning dad, mum, junior ”I greeted as I joined them in the living room. I gave my dad a peck and ruffled Juniors hair ignoring his groans. I went over to the kitchen and gave my mom a back hug. As if my attitude isn't suspicious enough.

       She eyed my dress but said nothing as I helped her set the dining. Well breakfast was served and very much to my surprise it was already 8:30 before we finished. I wouldn't have minded it if I didn't have an appointment to catch up with. Don't mind me am being professional. When I was done with the dishes, I joined my parents who were laughing about something junior said (which I don't think will be funny to me. Parents *Sighs*)

             “Mom, dad. I am going over to Jenny's house ”I announced and they both stopped to look at me with their eyes looking like it was going to fall from its socket anytime soon.

            “Nope ”They both said in unison as they turned back to the TV. They were always against the idea of me visiting friends or even having friends over either saying it will affect my studies or they are distractions. Although it is partially true, I still want to have friends. I like being around Jenny and Rose. I mean I like them.

        “But this is a first and I won't be late ”I pleaded, sounding innocent. 

          “You know its against the rules ”My mom said and my dad nodded.

         “But mom”
         “No questions. You probably have a test coming up soon that you need to prepare for. ”My mom replied. Her suspicions are always right.

             “she can always study at night moreover she spends almost all her time studying so it will be no big deal if you free her for some time ”My father argued. He seems to be swayed by my sympathy.

             “But jack. I only want the best for her” she replied. I knew she wasn't going to give in easily.

         The truth is that, whenever they had conversations like this, my mom always wins either by default or by any other means because she is the only one after me that has access to the foodstuffs and my dad wouldn't go to his office with an empty stomach. I knew that that was just my dad's way of making my mom happy.

          “No buts, she will go to her friends house ” my dad commanded, giving my mom a stern look which means no more argument. My mom, on getting the hint stopped talking for a while before finally succumbing with a sigh.

       “Ok fine. No clubbing, No drinking, No coming back after 7:00, No doing drugs,  No swearing, No doing dangerous things moreover you should invite her parents over for dinner on Friday. I need to meet the parents of who you  mingle with and her herself. ”She concluded, giving me no chance to argue. I simply nodded since that is all I could do.

           “If I were you, I'll totally agree with her rules if I want to go out ”My dad supported. I knew that was his way of making it up to my mom. Agreeing with her stupid rules. Its funny how she thinks I would even dream of doing any of those. I have only came home drunk once and she doesn't even know about it. I nodded once again telling them that I'll make it my priority to obey their rules.

          “Ok then. There you go”

       I turned around quickly before my mom could add any more rules or convince my dad to disallow me from going. He is such a wife pleaser. As I was about to turn the knob, I heard the doorbell ring and cursed silently. Why did it have to be now.

       “Cather get the door”My mom called happily and I groaned before opening the door slightly.

     I was met by a middle aged woman. Her hair was cut short and dyed brown and she had a pair of sunglasses on too.  what interested me wasn't her appearance, it was the familiarity in her face. I have seen her somewhere. I was trying  to remember when and where when she interrupted me.

        “ Hi. May I see Miss Collins ”She asked and I nodded closed the door before going to the living room to call my mom.

    I am sure she would lecture me on courtesy and all that when the woman leaves but that's not my major concern right now. Her face looks familiar. I think I have seen her before. I just don't know where.

      “Good morning ” My mom greeted the woman of course with a polite face hiding her confusion. The door was opened slightly with my body hidden on the other side and my mom's head poked out.

             “hi. I seek for Catherine Collins ”

      So she was talking about me when she said Miss Collins. Its not my fault that am not used to someone calling me that. I mean I thought she said Mrs Collins.

Ooh that explains the familiarity. Does she know me? I tried to remember where i have seen her for the third time today. Could she be the librarian? Naah I don't think so. She is too classy to be a librarian moreover the librarian, although I had only seen her a few time always wears a smile. I was so lost in my world that I didn't know that my mom had opened the door wider and invited her in.

              “Hum I am Catherine Collins ”I introduced, not knowing what else to say.

            “Yeah your mom already told me that. ”She replied with a bored smile.

            “Ok I'll leave you two here ”My mom said, leaving the two of us to each other in the corridor.

             “Can we talk somewhere quieter ”She suggested and although I had devoted all my will to shake my head and not follow this stranger, my curiosity followed the lead as I nodded and followed her outside. It turns out the somewhere quieter was her car.

                         💖🎸

          Thanks for reading. I think we have nothing more than twelve chapters to go. Am going to wrap it up and finish it in chapter 75.keep the support going Pearls. I love you all.

P. S Remember to Vote comment and follow me.

       Thanks for doing just that.

#Appreciationpost to @FloraMs24 For designing me a book cover. Thanks for the love. Remember to follow her cause she has flawless covers to give per request. She is the busy type too so order fast before its too late. Thanks once again.

@FloraMs24  I hope you are seeing this.