Chapter 19: Monster Brother

"Can I come in? " He asked even though he was already inside, and I rolled my eyes, but still kept a welcoming smile on.

I and my little brother are not that close partially because the age gap between us was too much, or maybe it might be because of his character.

Let me introduce him to you. His name of course is Daniels Junior, and he has a very bratty attitude. He is very smart, outspoken and good with words. He is eight years of age, and he looks pretty handsome. Furthermore, he took over my mom in the looks department. Furthermore, he appears very shy but in truth is a monster inside. The most important part was that he sees me as uncool. What does this boy want from his so-called uncool sister now?

You might think I am making up lies about him because he regarded me as uncool which might be a bit true. Emphasis on the bit.

Our vacation in Hawaii was supposed to be a very blissful one, at least that was what I expected, and I had a whole list of things I wished to do.

The first was spending some time alone which was ruined by junior when he insisted on sleeping with me.

Number 2: was doing some tanning and spending my day on the beach with a very cliché novel in hand and maybe a hot guy in sight but on the second day Junior came up with a stupid excuse to stay home and dragged me in with him. 'Mommy, I am not feeling so well, and I think I need to rest.' he had complained that he felt slightly feverish and my mom made me stay at home to watch him in case of any emergencies.

As soon as they left he brought out the PS5 That he had been hiding under the pillow before connecting it to the television and started playing it. I was so pissed but knew I had to wait till my parents came back before complaining to them.

'Ooh cat, he is still young, and he was just trying to get some alone time with you' My mom consoled stroking the culprit's hair lovingly.

'But junior you didn't have to lie.' she rebuked, and before she could continue, he shot mom one of his sweetest looks and her heart melted. I admit he looked cute whenever he did that, but I have never fallen for it. 'OK I'll let you go this time. But no more OK?'

He pouted his cheeks and nodded adorably and my mom smiled sweetly before embracing him in her arms, I was guessing she couldn't stand his cuteness.

And just like that one after the other, junior ruined most of my holiday plans and the few he didn't ruin he was always there to witness. Do you know how annoying it is to get every passerby to want to take a picture with him like some celebrity while disturbing my peace with their stupid comments?

"Oh my God his cheeks looks so adorable, I want to pinch it"

"His eyes, I could die for it can you be my Godson?"

"Do you have an older brother? I think I have a crush on him already".

Time after time, his newly acquired fans would always flock him like birds and his popularity skyrocketed within just four days.

"Actually I came to ask for your help he explained as he sat himself on the bed without my permission. He was about 3 feet tall and his legs were dangling off the bed when he sat down. Knowing that I have little to no control over his behavior, I angrily crossed my arms over my chest before asking.

"Ooh what is it this time" I said sarcastically as I closed the curtains. Edward's car was already out of sight. Thank goodness I guess I'll have to ask him what he was doing back there, but I immediately shook the thought of. We are officially fighting now I told myself before shifting my focus back to Junior.

He looked nervous which was a first, and I couldn't help but wonder what had him like that. A blush crept it's way to his face and I first thought it might be because of the cold, but I remembered turning the heater on when I entered. So it must be something else or was he embarrassed?