Soulmates?

{Daniels POV}

I hesitantly knocked on Anastasia's door. I hated that I lied to Ella but it was the only way she'd let me leave. I needed this and I needed to do it now.

A: Dani you've finally arrived.

The door swung open and there she stood smiling. I hadn't seen her in years and now with Ella I didn't think I had to again....my ex girlfriend was now inviting me in with a bit of a sachet. I rolled my eyes and stepped inside. The door closed behind me.

A: I'm a big fan you know. Mr Seavey.

D: Please let's skip the pleasantries.

A: You always were a charmer Daniel...

She bit her lip and stepped closer. Her hand touched my hair. I flinched away.

A: Now dani.....

M: Daniel!

D: There's the real gorgeous lady I came to see.

I quickly stepped away from Anastasia smiling as I walked over to her grandma.

M: Dani sweetie! It's been years I've seen you all over the news. Congratulations by the way on everything. You've got yourself such a pretty wife.

I smiled brightly thinking about Ella.

D: I do and I'm so lucky to have her.

M: Then why are going and cheating on her? Back to your old ways?!

D: No! I actually only contacted Anastasia for you. I thought I made that perfectly clear to her.

I gritted my teeth looking back at her.

M: I see. Then why did you come to me....oh wait...you aren't into older women now are you?

I chuckled.

D: no. I've just gotten myself into a....situation. I remember you knowing a lot about soulmates when I was younger and I need some answers.

She smiled wide.

M: Ella is your soulmate?

D: Yes. I just found out. You see—

M: Walk and talk.

Her wheel chair rolled as I told her everything that happened from the connected dreams to now with Ella weak in bed. We ended up in her library.

M: Well dani first off welcome back to the land of the living.

D: thanks

M: Now Daniel STORYTIME.

D: Oh boy.

M: In the world there are only 100 families that have soulmates or know how to find them. Some have yet to be uncovered of the 100. Daniel your last name isn't on this list. But Ellas is. Meaning her heart has been searching for you since she was born. Once her heart knows you exist her heart stopped and remembered who you are without her even knowing. At that point she has connected your heart and you both without knowing always are looking for each other. Daniel?

D: Yes?

M: When you first met her was there like an instant connection almost.

My eyes widened and I nodded quickly.

D: I originally bought her as a sexual pleasures slave but....I felt like I couldn't harm her.

M: Exactly. Now as the hearts get closer the more compassion and love you feel for the other person. Then once you hug or are close and your hearts touch through you. That's when you both have fallen in love. It's just up to your mind to accept those feelings

{Flashback to one of the first chapters in season 1}

E: So this is your room....where am I supposed to stay. Or—-

I turned around and grabbed her waist pulling her body to mine. Our bodies were touching. Our faces were inches apart as I felt her breath hitching while we stared into each others eyes.

D: As I said this is OUR room princess

She smiled slightly a spark burned between us. She quickly pulled away as I turned around to grab her pjs not removing my left hand from the small of her back where I played with the bottom of her strands of hair. I turned back around and backed away then handing her, her pjs. Fuck she was gorgeous.

{Flashback over}

Thinking back to that moment made me realize that first moment we touched wasn't a spark of lust but a spark of true love.

M: What else do you want to know?

Mary asked quickly snapping me out of my thoughts and flashbacks to all of Ella and mines firsts.

D: 1 last one. Before I left the person reaper thing said that Ella and I were now fully connected and we could only die together.

M: Oh yes. The only downfall of soulmates. Well it's bit more self explanatory than I think you'd hoped. Now if you die at any point the next day Ella will die and if she died at any point you die too. You have to be more careful now because two lives are taken. 

D: Oh wow.

We talked a bit more about soulmates and then just about my life in general.

She gave me a hug and walked me to the door.

M: Good luck Daniel.

D: Thank you so much.

I ran to the store and got what I needed.
I quickly headed home ready to tell Ella the truth and what I had learned.

I walked into the door and there stood everyone. Even Ella was seated on the couch.

Jo: Where the fuck were you?