Chapter 1 ~ Friends Forever

My earbuds hummed in my ears as I gazed at the vast ocean in the distance of my window. This afternoon was so relaxing. Once the song on my earbuds finished playing, I took them out, put them on my nightstand, and went downstairs.

"Mom, where's my bag?" I called.

"By the door, honey." Mom said drousily.

"Thanks!"

I grabbed my bag and went outside. My house was right across the boardwalk, so I ran across and went to find a spot on the beach for Anthony and I to sit at.

Every evening we sit on the beach and watch the sun go down on the sparkling sea. It is georgous. Just me, Anthony, and the ocean. I wouldn't want to be any place else.

As I waited on our beach blanket for Anthony, I just looked out at the ocean. The water was as clear as glass. The sand underneath was very white and you could almost see every little grain.

Not too much later, Anthony jogged across the beach and sat down right next to me. We've been doing this almost everyday since third grade, when I moved to Sea City. He is pretty much my only friend, but I don't mind. He's all I need.

"Hey, Mag. What's up?" Anthony said with a smile.

"Nothing much. How about you?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to walk the boardwalk with me tomorrow."

I grinned and said,

"Of course."

Walking the boardwalk was one of our favorite things to do. It was always a good time, and we love spending time with each other. It's all we ever do. We are sure to be friends forever.