Chapter 38 ~ Leaving

I woke up the next morning to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. For a moment, I'd forgotten why I had even set an alarm. Oh, yeah. I'm going home today.

I rubbed my eyes and slowly went over to my suitcase. I took out an ocean blue sweatshirt and put on some black ripped jeans. When I looked over at Anthony's nightstand, I saw the necklace Anthony gave me last night. I picked it up and sighed. It was going to be even harder to leave him the second time.

Once the necklace was around my neck, I brushed my hair straight. Anthony walked into the bedroom while I was still brushing my hair.

"How are things going in here?"

"Well, I just woke up, but I'm dressed and have a few shirts packed. It's gonna be a while until I'm ready, though."

I finished brushing my hair, so I put it into my purple suitcase. Anthony went over and made his bed.

"Do you want some help? I mean, I could take your clothes out of my dresser and put them in your suitcase."

I smiled as I put a few more objects into my case.

"Thank you. That'd be very helpful."

"No problem, Mag."

He finished his bed and went over to his dresser. I then picked up a few things I had brought and packed them. My book, my new statues, and a few other ideas I had with me.

Anthony came over with some of my clothes and laughed to himself as he put them in the suitcase.

"You sure do wear a lot of sweatshirts. There's almost one for every color of the rainbow."

I giggled.

"Yeah, I think they're so comfy."

"Jeans, too. Always jeans and sweatshirts."

We laughed for a little bit. Then we looked at each other. I frowned.

"It's gonna be even harder to leave you the second time."

   He looked back down at the suitcase and put the sweatshirts in.

"It won't be any easier for me."

   We were silent for a few moments.

"On the bright side, I'm driving you back there. So we still have about four and a half hours left together."

"I guess. I just can't believe that I'm going back already. This week went by so fast."

"Yeah, it did."

   Silence.

"Did you have fun, Mag?"

"Of course I did. I love being around you."

"Well, that's good. I love being around you, too. I really wish you didn't have to leave."

"Me too."

"I mean, I guess you'll at least have that friend of yours to talk to."

   I used my hand to move Anthony so he was looking at me.

"Josh is great but he'll never be you."

   Anthony grinned.

"Same here. No one could ever replace you, Mag."